What's new

American Horror Story: Hotel (1 Viewer)

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Now THAT was a great episode, imo! (11/11/15). FINALLY!! Good writing and direction and fine performances all around. And actually story and character based! Yeah! I hope the remaining ones keep up that quality.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
It was the best of the bunch. I did like the callback to the house/story from the first season.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
EricSchulz said:
Is anyone still watching this?
Yep. While I think it's their weakest season, there's still elements that I like a lot and the actors are as good as they normally are. The one exception is Evan Peters. However, it's through no fault of his own because he's playing a guy that would easily be 10 or or 20 years older than Peters actually is. They should have cast Peters in another role and had a guy in 30's or 40's play the March character.

And I have to give them credit for killing off Finn Whitrock's character in one episode and bringing him back as Valentino in the next episode. That is such an insane casting move that I loved it.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Definitely their weakest season. Agree about Evan Peters, though, bless his heart, he is giving it his all. Also loved the casting of Finn as Valentino, but hated the weak storyline. And in last week's episode suddenly Finn's accent seemed more Russian than Italian. LOL. So many great actors this year just wasted so far. Sad.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Sticking with it to the bitter end. Liz is turning into my favorite character on the show.

Is it just me, or was Lady Gaga dressed like Kim Novak's character in Vertigo in tonight's episode?

And wow, what a cliffhanger ending! Going to be a long three weeks.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Liz is definitely my favorite character this year. Denis O'Hare is really knocking it out of the ballpark. Pretty entertaining ep. Some good lines. "Clutch your pearls, Daddy!" LOL.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Continuing with the music watch this week we got Human League and Stone Roses.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Thoughts on LG's Golden Globe win for Best Actress? Frankly, IMO, SO not deserved. She wasn't bad, by any means, but compared to Queen Latifah in Bessie or Kirstin Dunst in Fargo I just don't see it. But I do wonder if this means she'll agree to come back for S6.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
The season finale had Peter Murphy, Mazzy Star,

The one hour felt like 4. I really didn't care what happened to any of the ghosts, vamps or humans.

I hope he has a better story planned for next season...

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
MarkMel said:
The season finale had Peter Murphy, Mazzy Star,

The one hour felt like 4. I really didn't care what happened to any of the ghosts, vamps or humans.

I hope he has a better story planned for next season...

Me too! This season missed by a mile.

And, frankly, I'm getting very tired of this bringing back characters from old seasons. How is that neither Iris nor Liz mentioned that Billie Dean looks just like Sally. Or Queenie mentioning how the woman who attacked her in the hotel room looked just like Marie Laveau (or the woman who checked her in looked like Madame LaLaurie). It's one thing when the worlds were separate or at least never touched too much, but now it's getting comical almost. Another season or two and they'll have the actors doing green screen work playing scenes only with their other previously played characters. (Billie Dean, Lana Winters and Cordelia will all travel to the hotel and talk to Sally, who will be online with Bette and Dot, her Instagram followers.)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Since Denis O'Hare/Liz had such a big part, I'll go against the grain and say that I really liked the finale but this was still the weakest season of the show. I guess that's even more disappointing since last year's Freak Show was my favorite season.

I thought bringing Whitrock back in the next episode as a different character was funny but having Paulson play two characters in one episode was great. Crazy and over the top but great.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I liked Liz's story resolution, although
I rolled my eyes at yet another throat cutting. There ARE other ways to kill people. Just for creativity sake, if nothing else.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Was it just me, or were things cut for time in the finale? I still have no idea what happened to the vampire baby, or how the cops finally caught on to the true identity of the Deadly Sins killer.

A few tweaks and they'd have one heck of a twisted sitcom with this. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks