What's new

Amazon Question\gripe (1 Viewer)

Michael Fennessy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael Fennessy
Good morning all,
I have a question about amazon's inventory system that I was wondering if someone could give me a piece of advice on. I placed an order for an item that ususally ships in 24 hours. Now, I was having no activity for like 3 days so I e-mailed amazon and it turned out there was a system error. So they supposedly fixed this error and now my item will not ship until November 9th. The item is still listed as shipping in 24 hours. Should I fight with amazon to get this sorted out, or should I cancel the item and re-order it causing this whole process to start over? Anybody had a simaliar problem?

Mike

Michael Fennessy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael Fennessy
I just got pissed and canceled the order and re-ordered it. I was correct in assuming that would fix the problem because now my order should ship tomorrow and be here on Wednesday..

Mike

John Watson

Screenwriter
I've assumed that a highly automated business like Amazon would have very good coordination of sales, inventory and restocking schedules, but it sometimes seems a little less than perfect.

My little beef, is that I will choose things to order somewhat based on availability - ie, "usually ships in 24 hours, 4-5 days," or whatever. And I always chose "ship all items at same time"

But often between the time of placing the order, and checking its status a few days later, I find the "usually ships" interval for a particular item has been altered, with no notification to me. Sometimes to 1-2 weeks. I might not have placed that order at all if that's what had been stated initially.

Sometimes, if it seems like it will never come, Amazon will contact me to say that they cannot get it and recommend I cancel. Occasionally, because I have requested everything to be shipped at once, something else on my order is out of stock by then, and I must alter another part of the order. Frustrating!

So the question is, is Amazon's stock management system all it could be?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks