What's new

Almost Famous extended edition Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Thanks for the heads up. Do you know if it's the Bootleg Cut version or some other extended version? Does it still also include the original theatrical cut?

I already paid a pretty penny 2x for the Bootleg Cut DVD -- my first one had the director's cut disc eaten by a player (and then the rest of it was lent out and never returned). :angry: Will probably wait for reviews before taking the plunge on this one...

_Man_

Greg T

Stunt Coordinator
It's the bootleg cut with DD-THD audio.
There is also a Japanese Blu-ray release with an all red background of the same cover from the U.K. release.
I like the Japanese cover much better but don't want to pay the much higher cost to get it.

If I remember right, this was a Dreamworks dvd release in the U.S., and there is no telling when they may get around to releasing this on either format so I ordered my copy from Amazon U.K. around a month ago.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Thanks. But does it also include the original theatrical cut then (perhaps via seamless branching)? Hope it does since I usually prefer that version for pacing.

_Man_

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Despite Kate Hudson in panties, someone should really post that cover in the Awful DVD covers thread.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
At least it is the original poster art. There were two one-sheets used. This is the poster used internationally. In the U.S., they used the one that appeared on the original Dreamworks DVD.

This cover is the same cover that's been used for the DVD releases except for the U.S. My Korean Region 3 DVD has this cover.

Almost Famous movie poster

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
I didn't know that was the international poster, I guess it makes sense then. Shame the international poster looks like a cheaply photoshopped DVD cover though. ;)

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
I'd heard about this release but everything I read previously indicated it was the theatrical cut. Now that it's confirmed to be the Bootleg/extended cut I think I'll be getting it.

I'd normally wait on a US release but since Dreamworks seems to have no intention of releasing any of their A list catalog titles this seems like a no-brainer.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
This shipped today from sendit.com. The wife and I are very much looking forward to watching it.

:)

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
I pre-ordered this through amazon.co.uk. The extended cut is probably my favorite movie of all time. Can't wait to see it in HD.

This is probably a stupid question, but is region coding an issue with blu-ray movies - will it play in my sony bdp-s1? Also is there any playback issues because of pal/ntsc, or is that a non-factor with high definition?

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
It's a non-factor, since PAL/NTSC only applies to standard definition. I've had no issues with the SD features, either.

Greg T

Stunt Coordinator

There is no available info other than it being the bootleg cut on the U.K., Japanese or German versions.

Perhaps if somone gets there copy soon, they could let us in on any available extras.

"I am a golden god"

JulianK

Supporting Actor

According to the back of the UK sleeve, the extras are:

"Love Comes And Goes" featurette

and

Lester Bangs interview

1.85:1 transfer, English TrueHD 5.1 audio

Greg T

Stunt Coordinator

Please post your thoughts on P/Q and S/Q when you get it if you would be so kind?

Greg T

Stunt Coordinator

That AVS member seemed quite impressed with both the P/Q and S/Q.
Look forward to your thoughts as well.

Mine just shipped out yesterday from Amazon U.K. so I won't be seeing it for about a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks