What's new

Almost Famous extended edition Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I got a chance to view this tonight at a friend's house. I was extremely impressed with both the video and audio quality. Even with Paramount going Blu, I just can't see them being able to top Sony's international release. I'm getting this one.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Thanks for the update, Paul.

Now I've got to decide whether I can live w/out the original theatrical version -- well, I guess I can always double-dip (again) when Dreamworks finally releases this one in the US. So far I've prefered the theatrical version for pacing. I do like all the extra bits added for the extended Bootleg Cut, but I also find the movie slows down a bit more than ideal. And of course, it still doesn't add back the one awesome scene explaining how William convinced his mother to let him go, which might be just as well since it might reeeally drag on pacing -- maybe they should add that scene at the end of credits, if they ever get the rights to use Stairway to Heaven. :D

Think I need to revisit my DVD to decide on this one. ;) :D

_Man_

sgtpepper

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris A.
I have the bootleg edition, and for me I don't see why I would ever want the theatrical edition. I love the BE so much more, and never watch the theatrical edition.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Is there any chance of this getting a US BD release?

Why has it not been released by now?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by David Deeb

Is there any chance of this getting a US BD release?

Why has it not been released by now?
The UK release is region-free and is very cheap to get from Amazon.

Crawdaddy

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Yeah, just get the UK release. That's what I finally did recently (after sorta waiting ~2 years) -- though I still haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

It's certainly cheap enough from Amazon UK that I won't mind re-dipping, if a much stronger US release comes out in the indefinite future. Heck, I've bought the bootleg cut DVD 2x already -- my first copy got "eaten up" (not sure by what), so I had to repurchase it (and paid a premium price for it both times unlike most other DVDs and even BDs I own).

Still need to keep the old bootleg cut DVD though both for the theatrical version and the extras, especially the Stairway to Heaven cut scene.

_Man_

Alfonso_M

Second Unit
Originally Posted by Man-Fai Wong

Still need to keep the old bootleg cut DVD though both for the theatrical version and the extras, especially the Stairway to Heaven cut scene.

_Man_
I just ordered this title from Amazon Uk, So the "Stairway to heaven scene" is not included with the extended version?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
No only on the extras and with no music, you have to play the song from another source and sync it up with the scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks