What's new

Alien vs. Predator 2 in the works (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Make sure to let us know what you think after you have seen it.;)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Ahh, yeah, i've seen House of the Dead but it was a couple of years ago, best thing about that piece of shit was that really hot busty brunette girl.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George

The only thing I can say to that bit of news is. ----->
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

Wait, I meant this ----->:laugh:

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

You know, Ridley Scott was once only a "commercial-directing guy" and James Cameron was once only a "special effects guy".

Before you start bashing on the Brothers Strause go to brothersstrause.com and watch their work. Their handful of music videos and commercials are significantly more impressive than Paul WS Anderson's entire filmography.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member

I'll do that. But judging by the script review, it seems the only thing going for this film will be its special effects.

John Doran

Screenwriter
i was going to post a reply, but then i saw that chuck had already summed-up my thoughts pretty much to the letter...

i just don't know why they wouldn't adapt the original aliens vs. predator comic for the screen...

oh, well. whatever.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

I doubt that Salerno "Alien vs. Predator vs. K-Mart" script will ever be made. As soon as Moriarty at Ain't It Cool News posted his review Fox went into damage-control mode. Their assault on the script varied from assuring people that it had been shelved and that the current script was completely different to basically trying to convince everyone that it never existed in the first place.

That script review is still available if you look hard enough, there's at least one link to it on the first page if you look for +"Alien vs. Predator" +Moriarty on Google. Aside from Fox and the website CHUD, nobody was denying it's authenticity, and there's an undeniable conflict of interest in regards to CHUD, the webmasters are producing the bomb-in-the-making "Meg" which happens to be written by, you guessed it, Shane Salerno.

The only people who wanted try to convince everyone that it wasn't legit were the people that look foolish in light of it's legitimacy (Fox, Chud and Salerno) but the fact of the matter is that everyone involved did end up looking foolish and Fox seems eager to put the entire debacle behind them.

In any case, if you go to brothersstrause.com and watch their videos you'll see how completely at odds their visual style is with the tone of the Salerno script. Their work has a definite other-worldly style that makes me think that Fox hired them to do something more visual involving another planet or a spaceship at least as opposed to Texas.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Why the frack don't Cameron and Scott make a really good Alien 3 (a re-vamp to wipe the taste of Alien3 and Alien Resurrection out of our mouths) as they were planning on doing (Cameron writing and Scott directing supposedly) and get it OVER WITH before Sigourney Weaver is 70 and Scott is dead!

Spend money on that Fox and not this sequel to an already big pile of bug puke.

Dan

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

Do we really need to tread this ground again?

Not everyone "despised" the film. I and many others found it very entertaining.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

You're the one bringing it up again. It's a fact: "AvP" was the most despised film of either series. Every single collection of opinions supports this, whether it's the IMDB user ratings or the Tomatometer. I've never denied that there are people that liked it, as I already pointed out in this very thread, something exposed to millions of people is bound to satisfy a certain amount of them. You can bring up any cinematic debacle that comes to mind and I'll find a positive review or comment about it.

You like the film and you're not the only one but however many people enjoyed "AvP" have to understand that they are in the minority.

I said it before and I'll stand by it again: "AvP" is the most hated sequel/prequel of all time, even moreso than "The Phantom Menace" or "Batman & Robin". A lot of people have come to appreciate "TPM" and when people do complain about "B&R" it's more of a lighthearted mocking but the "AvP" hatred evokes a much more passionately bitter response than any cinematic followup than I can think of.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Rottentomatoes.com has 5 positive reviews for "Catwoman" on the first page alone.

It has a lower score than "AvP" but like "Batman & Robin", it's crappiness doesn't really evoke anger in anyone, it's more of a laughing matter.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member

That would definitely be a relief. But judging from what Tom Rothman supposedly said in this Empire article, it looks like they will still will be going with that terrible storyline.

"Shane Salerno, who was partly responsible for AVP’s script, has been hard at work on a sequel screenplay, that, according to Fox’s Tom Rothman, will see the alien nuisances finally turn up on our door-step and not just in some frozen Antarctic temple."

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=18947

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I don't hate it. I was disappointed, but it's not a movie I'll never watch again. There was no excuse for this one not to be an R, IMO.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

That's an opinion/observation that can't really be proven without mounting some sort of mass census but like I said, it evokes a kind of hostility that's unusual even by internet fanboy standards.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
Looks like the sequel has been moved from August to December 21st! Can anybody tell me the logic of a CHRISTMAS release for this movie?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks