What's new

Martin Dew

HTF News Editor
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Martin Dew
Alamo Drafthouse Cinema has announced the return of the world renowned Kim’s Video store, a New York “film institution” of nearly three decades. The store opened last week at the Alamo Drafthouse Lower Manhattan on Liberty Street and will offer free rentals of thousands of DVDs and VHS titles from its formidable collection.
“We opened our first video store in Raleigh in 2018. As we were preparing that first effort, there was one collection we also wanted to save, the elusive, legendary white whale, Kim’s Video,” says Alamo Drafthouse founder and executive chairman Tim League. “It’s not just the DVDs and VHS, it’s the history, the personality and the curation infused into all the wonderful nooks and crannies of this collection. We are beyond honored to be the new steward of this legacy.”...

Continue reading...

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
Ah the original Kim’s- 2 blocks away from where I live. And Two Boots pizzeria also rented great videos back then. The second East Village Kim’s was where I bought the David O. Selznick blu boxed set when they were closing at clearance. I remember a friend way uptown on the West Side telling me that Kim’s had The Star Wars Christmas Special to rent- apparently a bootleg and one of the Kim’s were raided for bootlegs.

Artanis

Second Unit
Real Name
Curt
I wonder if they might carry some vintage Super 8 film reels and an LP to go along with. Was always fun trying to sync the record up perfectly while my Dad was running the projector. Man... I miss my Dad, and those days.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks