What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Directors Al Pacino vs. Robert DeNiro (1 Viewer)

Bobby K

Auditioning
I was recently involved in a dispute with a friend of mine over who is a "better" actor. Better is such an opinionated word so I just wanted to get some thoughts on the comparison between the two. The argument started because I felt at the very least, they were both COMPARABLE to each other....my friend insists that Robert DeNiro is above and beyond Mr. Pacino. For me personally I enjoy Pacino's work slightly more then DeNiro's.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Seems like a tie for me. Funny thing is, while I'd consider DeNiro the slightly better actor, I usually prefer watching Pacino.

Anthony Wolfe

Stunt Coordinator
A humble opinion if you will. Now uh, what the hell are you guys doing here? Come on, you cannot compare a certain tier of actors. There are just some things you don't do, this is one of them. You cannot decide a clear victor here, they both have their drawbacks in roles, acting, etc...But in reality they are both stellar practicioners of their crafts.

This is one of those debates I hate, much like the 'retired' debate that comes up every now and then. They have completely different styles of acting, get off it, enjoy them both and leave it at that is what I say.

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
Pacino emotes outward, DeNiro emotes inward--your favorite will depend on the approach you personally find most satisfying. For me, it's easily Pacino; some accuse him of scenery chewing--I would counter that he's an actor willing to take risks and go 110% of the way in committing to a performance. It really comes down to something as unobjective as personal taste. I'm reminded of the interview Steven Spielberg gives on the EYES WIDE SHUT DVD regarding his list of favorite actors vs. Stanley Kubrick's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks