What's new

Advice on a Yamaha htr-5550 (1 Viewer)

GabeR

Agent
I listened to many, except the denon and onkyo
no places near me let me listen to the denon or onkyo and the denons are too much money for little features
No marantz near me also
Yamaha has the most features/sound- everything I need for my HT

GabeR

Agent
I will go check out the onkyo though to see if I like it...maybe someone has it hooked up around here
also should I go coaxial cable or another cable for my HT?
My dvd player has an optical out and coaxial and 5.1 inputs

GabeR

Agent
Picking a reciever is very frustrating...too many good and bad reviews from people
all i hear is...buy denon from everyone

Thomas J. Coyle III

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Gabe
I have a Yamaha RX-V2092 in the bedroom home theater with in-wall speakers from BIC. I bought the Yamaha in 1998 and it has been running fine every evening. I recently replaced my Yamaha RX-V2095 in the living room home theater with the RX-V3200. I was running the Mirage Frx series speakers with built-in amplified woofers and a 10 inch sub. I am now running the PSB Image series speakers with the RX-V3200. I have the 5T for right and left and the 9C for the center. I run the L/C/R as big and channel the LFE to a PSB SS6 12 inch sub. The rears are rounded out with two 10Ss and a rear center 8C. Everything sounds pretty good (stereo as well as multi-channel)with the tone controls set flat, but I plan to equalize the sub with a BFD and will investigate several of the leading equalizer companies as to their products for the L/C/R. By the way, the RX-V3200 has a center channel equalizer (some what limited as to the frequency bands)as well as a subwoofer frequency test (which is nice for doing sub output plots though it is some what limited as to the frequency range provided). Happy listening.
Regards,
TCIII;)

GabeR

Agent
DO yamahas all sound bright?
some people have said the amps in the lower models arent too good

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks