What's new

Adding sonos to my system (1 Viewer)

nicolai

Auditioning
Real Name
Nicolai
Hi guys, this is my first post here.

Today I`m having a TV and a projector. This is connected from the HDMI output from my yamaha receiver RX something with an HDMI switch, one input and two outputs (tv and projector). On the Yamaha receivers input I have playstation, computer, nintendo switch. So I`m changing the HDMI inputs with the remote on the receiver from computer, to playstation etc. This works fine.

BUT
Now I want to add a Sonos system, and perhaps get rid of the yamaha receiver if possible.

I was thinking of something like this (please see attached picture) but I don`t know how and where I could connect the sonos system. It will be 2 sonos play, one playbar and a sub some day. I also attatched todays soloution with the yamaha receiver.

If I`m thinking in the wrong direction, please guide me in the right direction. Thank you very much:)

Something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075T3DTC...&pd_rd_r=7831aba5-d770-11e8-bcf9-d56d64501878

Attachments

• Connection_TV_Projector_Sonos_1.jpg
    Connection_TV_Projector_Sonos_1.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 117
  • Connection_TV_Projector_Sonos.jpg
    Connection_TV_Projector_Sonos.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 106

xx Brian xx

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian
If you just want to add Sonos, you would use a Sonos Connect and plug it into a line in on the receiver. If you are looking to replace the receiver and speakers with the Playbar, sub and Play Ones, then it can only be connected from optical, usually straight from the TV.
If you are trying to use the receiver with the Playbar and components.....Why? They are two totally different systems meant to be used independently.

nicolai

Auditioning
Real Name
Nicolai
Hi,
The best thing would be to get rid of the Yamaha receiver and only have a sonos system connected to a HDMI switch. I`m not trying to use the playbar with the yamaha receiver. I think and hope I can use this product and connect the sonos optical to this HDMI switch?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks