What's new
World Wide Stereo

acoustically transparent screens and image quality (1 Viewer)

Shane*M

Auditioning
What is the image quality like on a acoustically transparent screen? We are considering the Da-Lite High Contrast Audio Vision or High Contrast Cinema Perf ones in specific. I realize that there has to be some sort of perforations in the screen to allow the sound to pass through but how does this affect the image quality?

This may seem like a really stupid question but what is meant by "Gain" in reference to screens? Is a higher number or lower number preferable? (0.8 Vs. 1.1 for example)

Thanks for the help in advance.

(The front row of seats will be about 18ft away from the from of the screen)

joseph westcott

Second Unit

The higher the number, the higher the capability to reflect light. It usually comes at a price though by reducing viewing angle (picture quality when sitting off to the side). It really depends on the conditions in which you will be watching, light control, and the brightness of the projector itself.

I would take a look at the recommendations made on this site.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/

Kevin Magee

Agent
I prefer the woven screens. I am using screen materials from SeymourAv. Solid screens are best for picture quality. The woven screens are a reasonable trade off. They give a very good picture and allow some flexibility with speaker placement.

Shane*M

Auditioning
Thanks for the help. I think after much consideration and back and forth we have settled on a more traditional Home Theater setup with out the acoustically transparent screen.

Thanks again for the help though...

_Shane

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denapix
Recent bookmarks