What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

A Sneak Peek at Curse of the Demon (1 Viewer)

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
This is one movie where I always wondered why a post-mortem "director's cut" wasn't made considering both the director and screenplay author were very displeased at the producer adding additional footage of a literal demon bookending the beginning and ending of the movie. It wouldn't be too hard to snip that footage out and still have a fully comprehensible and enjoyable movie, since it does seem the whole theme of the film was whether or such a thing could exist and I don't think (judging by the screenplay) that there was originally meant to be a definite answer.

Still, this was a very well made movie regardless in its mystique and well-done suspense. Not sure if I'm willing to shell out the dough for the import just yet, but maybe sometime in the future. I actually just bought the DVD and watched it last month.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Reed Grele said:
Every time I watch this film I can't get the cherry ripe song out of my head for days! Cherry ripe, cherry ripe. Ripe I cry...
Oh man, you took the words right out of my keyboard. :)

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
JoHud said:
This is one movie where I always wondered why a post-mortem "director's cut" wasn't made considering both the director and screenplay author were very displeased at the producer adding additional footage of a literal demon bookending the beginning and ending of the movie. It wouldn't be too hard to snip that footage out and still have a fully comprehensible and enjoyable movie, since it does seem the whole theme of the film was whether or such a thing could exist and I don't think (judging by the screenplay) that there was originally meant to be a definite answer.

Still, this was a very well made movie regardless in its mystique and well-done suspense. Not sure if I'm willing to shell out the dough for the import just yet, but maybe sometime in the future. I actually just bought the DVD and watched it last month.
I love the demon at the end, but his appearance at the beginning is a huge mistake, and I really, REALLY wish the original rushes survived so the scene could be nicely re-edited as an alternate "what if the producers hadn't effed with it" cut.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks