What's new

A PEEK AT THE COURT JESTER (1 Viewer)

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
I finished it this afternoon, and it's truly never looked so good. Makes me want to throw my DVD into the trash except I don't be without some home version of it in case Amazon takes it off its service. Really enjoyed seeing it look so glorious.
I threw my DVD in the trash years ago. Guess I'll have to join Prime for a month so I can see this.

cda1143

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Matt, you are watching on Amazon Prime (subscription service), right? Because they are the only service that has this sparkling new transfer, and the credits look good too, stabilized and all cleaned up.
Mark: The iTunes HD is not the same transfer?

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Junked.

One of the only films to run for years in actual Vista with 6-track mag, was Story of a Patriot. All prints struck from the OCN, which did heavy damage.

Yes I figure they would have been junked and due to their scarcity much more difficult to get hold of than prints of movies shot in 65mm that had a much wider distribution.

As for the prints I can imagine that with the movie running almost daily in two theaters and over several decades they must have gone through quite a number of prints. Did you manage to find out how many prints have been struck or can you make an educated guess?

cinefan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stephen
I had been wanting to rewatch this for a while and would have pulled out my DVD to do so if not for this discussion. I'm so glad I read it because we watched on Amazon Prime last night and it was indeed a strikingly beautiful presentation. This is one of the ultimate "comfort food" films for me -- just delightful. It is kind of amazing that both female leads are still with us after all these years.

Roger Grodsky

Stunt Coordinator
Please forgive me if this has been answered already. Amazon has two listings. Is the Amazon "free for Prime members" version the same as the $3.99 HD rental version?

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Please forgive me if this has been answered already. Amazon has two listings. Is the Amazon "free for Prime members" version the same as the $3.99 HD rental version?
I'm sure they're the same.

They're different product pages, though, which makes me weary. I'd like to finally see this film, but want my introduction to be the best possible presentation.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
They're different product pages, though, which makes me weary. I'd like to finally see this film, but want my introduction to be the best possible presentation.

I can't imagine that they'd have two different source files for this film. It would make no sense.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I'm sure they're the same.
I wouldn’t bet on that. There are lots of Amazon Prime TV shows that are available in HD on the subscription service, but the same old SD transfers on a separate listing for sale.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I wouldn’t bet on that. There are lots of Amazon Prime TV shows that are available in HD on the subscription service, but the same old SD transfers on a separate listing for sale.

Well then, the only way to find for sure is to have someone to drop four bucks and do a comparison.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
So, another title to add to the long list of films that have a Blu-ray worthy master...but no Blu-ray (yet).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.