What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Victor / Victoria (Disc Replacement Program) -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Can we assume that all defective copies have been recalled? Surely they're still not selling them. I would assume if I ordered in a couple of months, I'd be getting a corrected copy.
I'm cynical and I could be totally wrong but I expect the exact opposite. They won't recall them and so warehouses & stores will have them for a long, long time. I'd just buy the disc now and participate in the exchange program.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
I filled out the form, too, requesting a replacement disc, where I bought it and my shipping address"

Did you get any kind of a response, even a form response, Mark? I filled it out as well but I haven't heard a word and I'm concerned as other posters have mentioned an auto generated customer service message. I'm wondering if I did something wrong...

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
As long as the studios are honorably supporting replacements, there is no downside.
As I had stated upon another thread, I feel that WAC has been a class act concerning these 8 seconds and; within their response; continues to satisfy enormously.
Yes, this is what every single enterprise of business across the map should always be doing; but most don't; whereas WAC does. And with expediency. We certainly didn't see Paramount doing a damned thing about their first BD release of "MFL", right? It took three years, as a matter of fact; and that was ONLY because RAH stepped up to the
plate. WAC delivers with no caveats nor excuses.
Three cheers !!!

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Did you get any kind of a response, even a form response, Mark? I filled it out as well but I haven't heard a word and I'm concerned as other posters have mentioned an auto generated customer service message. I'm wondering if I did something wrong...
Same here....filled out the form the first day RAH posted the link....nothing other than the auto generated message here either.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I also filled out the form and received the auto-thank you message.

My problem was with the form itself (and the instructions relayed by both Digital Bits and here on HTF - which probably came from the WAC release). There was zero information about what to put into that freeform box. What is the required information? And if you didn't supply enough information, will they contact you, asking for more? Or just ignore it

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
In the comments box, I inquired about the disc replacement program, explained that I ordered through Amazon, entered my Amazon Order number, and my address. I asked if I was eligible for a disc replacement.

I received a response this morning from Sherri Bogard stating I would get a replacement in 3-4 weeks. My submittal had been forwarded to her from the customer service desk.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Nope. Just the "thanks" message at the top of the browser when I submitted it. I *think* folks are saying that is what they got and not an actual email in their inbox.

Someone, please let us know if I am mistaken about that.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
As I had stated upon another thread, I feel that WAC has been a class act concerning these 8 seconds and; within their response; continues to satisfy enormously.
Yes, this is what every single enterprise of business across the map should always be doing; but most don't; whereas WAC does. And with expediency. We certainly didn't see Paramount doing a damned thing about their first BD release of "MFL", right? It took three years, as a matter of fact; and that was ONLY because RAH stepped up to the
plate. WAC delivers with no caveats nor excuses.
Three cheers !!!

For the record, CBS stepped up to the plate.

Reactions: PMF

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I received a response this morning from Sherri Bogard stating I would get a replacement in 3-4 weeks. My submittal had been forwarded to her from the customer service desk.

I feel quite good knowing that the inimitable Sheri Bogard is on the case! :thumbsup: She is a wizard of handling WB's disc replacement programs.

I, too, included by name and shipping address along with the fact that I purchased from Amazon (and the order #--although I know not what good that might do them! :D )

Oddly, I just noticed that the Blu of V/V is currently listed on Amazon as "Out of Stock."

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
I feel quite good knowing that the inimitable Sheri Bogard is on the case! :thumbsup: She is a wizard of handling WB's disc replacement programs.

I, too, included by name and shipping address along with the fact that I purchased from Amazon (and the order #--although I know not what good that might do them! :D )

Oddly, I just noticed that the Blu of V/V is currently listed on Amazon as "Out of Stock."

I included my Amazon order number in the hope that it might prove that I actually bought the bluray and wasn't trying to scam the system. Since I wasn't a direct customer of WBShop, I assume they need some sort of proof that I actually bought the disc. I'm happily surprised that I did not have to go through more hoops before getting a response, since I was not a direct customer of WBShop. She didn't ask for an Amazon receipt.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The first day I sent my email to them, but didn't hear back from Ms. Bogard until just a few minutes ago. I mentioned Amazon with my email, but didn't include my order number.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
I just received my email from Ms Bogard, and my disc is being shipped. All I put in the customer service entry was my name and address and that I was requesting a replacement copy.

Everett S.

Movie King (formally a projectionist)
Real Name
Everett
Many different issues requiring disc exchanges/fixes. Some I can recall besides Little Mermaid

1st disc I remember was Starship Troopers which had a repeated scene with normal audio and Sony did issue and exchange. There were some other botched transfers I remember
getting replacements --, the original 5th Element, at least one of the Criterion discs (??White from Three Colors)., seems like there may have been something with Che or carlos?, Criterion Dressed to Kill was cught before most of the itmes hit the shelf, Pirates of the Caribbean and Back to the Future has replacements for framing issues (or was one of those the DVD).
Who knows how many small errors that nobody ever noticed or that the companies didn't feel the need (have the stomach) to fix, a couple discs in the big Batman box, the full S8 XFiles.
something in S1 STTNG Complete series, one of the Halloween discs in big box Shout set.

Also West Side Story, and the Cary Grant film where he plays an Angel.

usrunnr

Writer
Real Name
usrunnr
I have also requested the replacement disk, but the only response from Warner has been the automatic courtesy formula: "Thank you for your comments! Your feedback is very important to us"

This is normal? Warner has replied something specific to someone (request for proof of purchase and shipping address, estimated date to send the replacement disk, etc)?

I have received a specific response from Sherri Bogard, Warner Bros. Customer Service, stating that they have received my information and that the replacement disc will be sent in about 3-4 weeks. An apology was also included.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Totally agree, Mike. I did receive an email from Sheri today, and just getting that calms me down and I know that I will receive my replacement disc when it is available.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Yeah, it seems like Sheri has been on the case and things are moving along. I received an email from her today as well. What a great response and I'm very appreciative that Warner is jumping on this so quickly. I love happy endings.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
In the comments box, I inquired about the disc replacement program, explained that I ordered through Amazon, entered my Amazon Order number, and my address. I asked if I was eligible for a disc replacement.

I got this same response yesterday. Thanks WAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oussa13
Recent bookmarks