What's new

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
I just got Neptune's Daughter a few days ago for 19.99 on Amazon Prime because I was getting impatient. I thought shoot it's now probably 14.99. It's actually now 24,49. Prince and the Showgirl time.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I just got Neptune's Daughter a few days ago for 19.99 on Amazon Prime because I was getting impatient. I thought shoot it's now probably 14.99. It's actually now 24,49. Prince and the Showgirl time.

Ill Cry Tomorrow (blu-ray) 14.40​

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
In time, Amazon's algorithm will adjust down the price of Neptune's Daughter too. It's just a matter of time along with supply and demand.

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
From Bosley Crowther's review at the Music Hall opening.

'And incidentally, the scene shown in advertisements of Sir Laurence kissing Miss Monroe's shoulder does not appear in the film. On the stage at the Music Hall is a "summer festival' revue featuring Melissa Hayden, ballerina.'

I quote this because somebody else pointed out the cover photo does not appear in the film. I also included Melissa Hayden one of Balanchine's star ballerinas at the City Ballet(this would have been after the spring season ended) because I studied under her many years ago and I always wanted to know if she met Monroe and Miller on the opening night which they attended. But somebody else asked her about Chaplin who chose her to dance for Claire Bloom in Limelight. She blew him off so I figured she wasn't interested in discussing these things.

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
I know Ms Andrews personally she is still MAGIC ---- she got the better part and the Oscar although she is too classy to say it she did round about way confirm Harrison was not a nice person in fact he left Hollywood after Carole Landis killed herself and most of Hollywood blamed him - it took him 17 years to get back in Hollywood in a major film deep down Ms Andrews was quite content the way things worked out and showing how great she is she became friends with Ms Hepburn NO grudge there and to this day feel bad for Ms Hepburn that her vocals were not used that really hurt very much just as Ms Gardner felt over Show Boat although I think she at least got royalties as MGM records her vocals
Hepburn’s acting was superb and much deserved an Oscar nom. She conveys so much with just a non-speaking look. I also think the chemistry she and Rex had worked superbly on screen- you can tell he absolutely adores her throughout. But ans others have said here and elsewhere Marni Nixon’s soprano voice was just the wrong choice as it’s clearly sung at too high a range and doesn’t synce well with Audrey’s speaking voice.

I just purchased TPATSG yesterday for $14.99! Thank you Robert

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
I grabbed it myself for tomorrow night. I've already watched Esther and Ricardo sing Baby It's Cold Outside a few times.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Every time I see this, Sybil Thorndike's dotty (or is she?) Dowager Queen cracks me up SO much! Pure delight.

Boy, this disc (a long time coming, I must say) is quite a stunner. The colors are so lush and beautiful and the details in the "Edwardian" costumes and furnishings are delicious to look at.

I don't think I've ever noticed what beautiful blue eyes Richard Wattis (adorably funny as the hapless Northbrook) has before this release.

Last edited:

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
I have to add that this Blu-ray looks absolutely stunning! This is mid-50s Eastman Color? Seriously?! Could have fooled me. Pick this one up. At $14.99 right now, it's a bargain.

I'm not as turned off by Olivier's performance as others seem to be and Marilyn is delightful along with a wonderful supporting cast of great character actors.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks