What's new

Blu-ray Review A Few Words About A few words about...™ - No Hard Feelings -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
There's no way around it. Gene Stupnitzky's No Hard Feelings is an odd one.

It's a fun R-rated heavily risqué comedy that half works, and mostly because of Jennifer Lawrence's balls to the wall performance, along with newcomer Andrew Barth Feldman.

One of the problems with the film, is that you almost don't need to see it if you've seen the red band trailer, as virtually the entire story is there. Most of the cute lines of dialogue and fun attributes are in the promo.

From a visual perspective it's great. Shot with an Arri Alexa, and finalized in 4k, the resultant Blu-ray appears as it should. A nice clean down-rez. And from a nominal seating distance one shouldn't be able to tell that it's not 4k.

Image – 5

Audio – 5 (DTS-HD MA 5.1)

Pass / Fail – Pass

Plays nicely with projectors - Yes

Worth your attention - 6.5

Slipcover rating - n/a

Recommended

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I thought it was an uneven, but OK film. A bit of a surprise who plays the boy’s father.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I have three Jennifer Lawrence movies in my collection and she leaves me cold. I've never seen her in comedy so I might give this one a try.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
This has Sony’s forced pop-up menu when the end credits begin, so it should never be “recommended.”

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
There isn’t any legitimate one. My Oppo still feels violated from it. Sony refuses to comment on this and reviews such as this one won’t call it out. I have no choice but simply stop buying their discs.

Kevin Fox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kevin
I have three Jennifer Lawrence movies in my collection and she leaves me cold. I've never seen her in comedy so I might give this one a try.
She's not interested me as an actress, but this is an absolutely fearless performance from her. Much respect, and she's damn funny, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks