What's new

a DVD player to amplifier? (1 Viewer)

Real Name
megancheung
I have virtually no knowledge of car stereo installation whatsoever. I recently bought a C6. I brought a in-dash DVD player a week ago. I’ve been having a hard time matching up all of the speakers. I had just one rear speaker and the sub operating and sounding good. I plugged both RCA's into the amp and to the front and rear speakers under the head unit. Now for some reason the amp isn't running with full power. Is it blown? Related to DVD player?
here is my DVD player:
http://www.car-dvd-player.com/1-din-car-dvd-player-3d-menu-with-gps-navigation-motorized-panel-with-radio-bluetooth-tv-184.html
If anybody has any advice at all I would highly appreciate it. After buying this car I can’t afford to get it done professionally. Thank you.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
In case anyone hasn't done it yet, welcome to HOME Theater Forum.
I also dabble in car audio so I'll at least take a stab at this.
I’ve been having a hard time matching up all of the speakers.
I'm not sure what you mean.
I plugged both RCA's into the amp
RCA's from your new head unit? What kind of amp? Factory or aftermarket?
to the front and rear speakers under the head unit
The last four words confuse me. I've never had speakers under the head unit.
Now for some reason the amp isn't running with full power. Is it blown?
No. Probably a gain issue. But then again, how do you know the amp isn't running full power? Did you measure it with a voltage meter? A blown amp doesn't work. I have a Memphis ST-500D on my hobby desk right now with 6 blown MOSFETs. I could see cracks in each one as I de-soldered them from the circuit board. That's a blown amp.
What's a C6? I'm sure there's a forum for them with an electronics section. I belong to Club Lexus and Maxima dot Org because of the two cars I drive. Both have audio sections with very detailed help. I'm sure there's a C6 forum somewhere. If not, try DIYMA dot Com. Do It Yourself Mobile Audio is filled with industry people and some of the most experienced non-professional audio guys I've ever interacted with. Finally, try You Tube. That's how I figured out a lot of the install on my wife's ES-350. Removing door panels, head unit, etc.

qwertyui

Auditioning
Real Name
chen
I think it is a radio or electrical field creating interference and resulting in this distortion.
I would try and re-organise the set up if possible and keeping the leads as seperate as possible. Using different scart boxes if your set up allows it.

Real Name
megancheung
Robert_J said:
In case anyone hasn't done it yet, welcome to HOME Theater Forum.
I also dabble in car audio so I'll at least take a stab at this.
I’ve been having a hard time matching up all of the speakers.
I'm not sure what you mean.
I plugged both RCA's into the amp
RCA's from your new head unit? What kind of amp? Factory or aftermarket?
to the front and rear speakers under the head unit
The last four words confuse me. I've never had speakers under the head unit.
Now for some reason the amp isn't running with full power. Is it blown?
No. Probably a gain issue. But then again, how do you know the amp isn't running full power? Did you measure it with a voltage meter? A blown amp doesn't work. I have a Memphis ST-500D on my hobby desk right now with 6 blown MOSFETs. I could see cracks in each one as I de-soldered them from the circuit board. That's a blown amp.
What's a C6? I'm sure there's a forum for them with an electronics section. I belong to Club Lexus and Maxima dot Org because of the two cars I drive. Both have audio sections with very detailed help. I'm sure there's a C6 forum somewhere. If not, try DIYMA dot Com. Do It Yourself Mobile Audio is filled with industry people and some of the most experienced non-professional audio guys I've ever interacted with. Finally, try You Tube. That's how I figured out a lot of the install on my wife's ES-350. Removing door panels, head unit, etc.

thanks in advance for help.

Real Name
megancheung
qwertyui said:
I think it is a radio or electrical field creating interference and resulting in this distortion.
I would try and re-organise the set up if possible and keeping the leads as seperate as possible. Using different scart boxes if your set up allows it.
thanks,i sent it to maintenance.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks