What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

8 Films 2 Die 4 (1 Viewer)

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
When I went to see "Saw 3" this weekend there was a trailer for a feature called "8 Films 2 Die 4". It is only going to be a 3 night presentation (November 17-19) with actually 9 films being shown. Does anyone know or have heard of anything besides what I already have learned from the website?

http://www.horrorfestonline.com/

Also seen that a "Hostel 2" will be coming out as well (2007).

"Turista" (12/1/06) looks to be interesting as well.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Brian D H

Second Unit
Sorry. I don't know any more than you do.

But, it looks suspiciously like a marketing ploy to release 9 direct-to-DVD movies with the "as seen in theaters" line on the box.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I saw Turistas last night and found it rather bland. I don't know if I'd say the movie actively sucks, but at no time was I really gripped by anything that was happening.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
All Turistas has going for it, really, is some pretty darn impressive underwater photography/action in the last act (well, okay, the bus crash is pretty nice, too). Not surprisingly, it's from the same director as Blue Crush and Into the Blue; underwater is what he does.

Looking at the "8 Films to Die For" thing, I'm a little bummed to see The Gravedancers there - when I saw it at Fantasia, the director seemed sure it was getting a real theatrical release. The plot is dumb, but once you get beyond that it's a very fun ghost story that plays like a grown-up version of Disney's Haunted Mansion (the ride, not the movie). Ditto Takashi Shimizu's Rinne.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'm both baffled and facinated by this/these films, some of the imagry on the trailers look disturbing.

I'll wait for the DVD, though.

BTW, they REALLY need to stop using that camera whine sound as a symbol for horror films, ever since The Silence of the Lambs that sound has been used to death, most recently in the two Texas Chainsaw Massacre films.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies are stealing it from the original TCM and since those are just ripoffs of the original, they might as well steal the camera noise too.

Of course for all I know, the original TCM lifted it. :)

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
I'm surprised they were able to convince Don LaFontaine to voice the trailer. Maybe this is a bit more high-profile than a theatrical showing of films that would have otherwise been direct-to-video?

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
Here's hoping that these will all come out on DVD soon after the theatrical releases. $9.00 a pop for each movie is a touch much unless they come up with an all access pass discounted amount.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Hey, if they played in one of the Boston multiplexes, that would be a discount.

Of course, it looks like I'd have to go to Methuen to see these, since all the local screens are going to go to Bond and penguins that weekend.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It's also at the Regal 10 in Concord, NH, for anyone in central New England.

I can't help but think they're having this event about 3 weeks too late. :confused:

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Eh, I don't know if this was going to take screens away from The Grudge 2 or Saw 3 if it had been held in October. I think the basic idea is a good one, although it might be better scheduled for lull months like August/September or January/February.

... And I see they've booked a theater in Cambridge for me. Awful nice of them, since I've been looking for an excuse to see how well the renovations at Fresh Pond have gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks