What's new

24: Day 3 - 2/24/04 - Hour 15 (1 Viewer)

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG

Yes, I agree with you.

Michelle did a lot of stupid things today:
1) She went into the building;
2) She went *alone* to the basement following a probable lead;
3) She didn't tell the security team to turn off the frigging air conditioning units *DUH*;
4) She hadn't seen the documentary on The Rock CC DVD about how to hold a gun; and
5) She didn't force the guy to lead her back to the bomb to deactivate it.

And why didn't Gael go _around_ the fan?

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member

Because of #2 she couldn't. There'd be too much risk that the guy would disarm her or something. By herself she couldn't reliably control him.

Gael entered the area from the wrong place. That looked like it was a bit of a maze, and Alvers had to climb down to the spot from above. The way to the other side probably wasn't obvious and Gael didn't have time to search for it. Of course, if the fans had been shut down it would have been a moot point.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
My lasting impression of this episode is that Tony Todd is just too damn cool. Poor Julia didn't stand a chance against the "Candyman Columbo" :D

Also, as guest stars go, I thought Doug Savant made some interesting choices playing the head of hotel security. He was putting out a vibe of nervous professionalism that made sense for his character, but was non-obvious.

Regards,

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
No, that just shows the initiative and disregard for authority that Jack has proven successful :) I mean, they caught the guy, and if they had done it a minute earlier, they might have gotten to the device in time. She also wasn't alone in the basement; Gael was down there too, maybe others. They split up to cover more ground, a tactical decision. You'd hope CTU agents can handle themselves better than a garden-variety security guard -- of course, Nina could kill a half-dozen at once while she has a gaping neck wound, but why nitpick....

But she definitely should have made an effort to turn of the air! They should have done it once they had confirmation he was in the building, and decided to come ine. But after the guy says it's there and she tells Gael, she should at least try contacting building security then to see if it could be shut off from upstairs. Maybe it couldn't, but that seems like it would be SOP in the CTU playbook.

Brian_FSullivan

Stunt Coordinator

It was actually one year ago today (February 25, 2003) that FOX renewed "24" for its current third season. Keep in mind though that the majority of series are picked up in May when the networks announce their fall schedules so its early pick-up last season was the exception, not the rule.

In terms of ratings "24" is currently 48th overall (through Feb. 8) and has averaged 9.74 million viewers per week. That makes it FOX's most-watched drama, and the show is only behind "American Idol," "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance," "The Simple Life," and "The Simpsons" in terms of total viewership.

In other words, it will be a major surprise if "24" wasn't renewed for a fourth season. (Again, keep in mind that announcement probably won't come until May.)

Jack Q

Auditioning

Among Households, '24' averages a 6.2 rating this season, while 'The OC' gets a 5.8. Pretty close.

It seems '24's' success is being driven by older viewers. Among the 18-34 demo, '24' drops several places to about 12th overall on Fox, while 'OC climbs to 7th. Among 18-24 year olds, 'OC' rises even higher to 5th overall on Fox.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Man, Michelle was HOT when she went into ass kicking mode! But 4 weeks?! I knew it was coming, but it still sucks.

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit
Three Weeks without Alias and now a whole freakin' month without 24:angry: Oh well, I guess I can get caught up on a crap load of DVD's i've been meanin' to watch.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG

Just how much ground is there to cover in the basement of a hotel? Michelle had brought plenty of people with her from CTU; they should have been moving in pairs at least. But this is 24, mustn't forget that... ;)

Did she roll? I was doing some other things while watching, but I thought that the cop had picked up a cell phone, hit re-dial and baited Sherry with what he _thought_ had happened to see if Sherry would take the bait.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't be surprised if Julia told the detective everything; I think Sherry was dreaming if she ever thought Julia wouldn't break under questioning.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member

While I can't be certain that all cell phones work this way, to the best of my knowledge it wouldn't say Sherry's name unless Julia had programmed Sherry's number. This I find doubtful. The detective knew he was calling Sherry Palmer. so I think she caved.

Still, it would have been easy to cover up. I'm surprised the detective was asking so many questions. Just because the maid saw a car leave doesn't mean anything. He died of a heart attack, if a medical examiner's report implied there might have been a struggle, which their wasn't, I could see them coming back and asking a bunch of questions. There's no sign of a crime, so why would you bother the poor widow two hours after her husband's death?

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
IIRC, Julia told the detective that Sherry was there. We didn't see the exchange on camera, but the detective - while questioning Sherry over the phone - said that Julia told him as much. True, it could have been a ploy, but that's what he said.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member

I concur. I have no problem believing she cracked after just a couple of questions without the guy even accusing her or questioning her story.

Here's another question, what cop working the night shift has the balls to call the President's ex-wife at 3:30am? Are we to believe that he wouldn't have waited until morning, spoken to his lieutenant or captain, and gone through the chain of command before contacting someone that well connected? Regardless of the questions that have been raised at the scene of the death, there was no sign of violence, so where's the urgency? Oh wait, this is 24, everything is urgent no matter how unimportant it is.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Simple. There were inconsistancies with Julia's story. Not to mention the fact that the security system was mysterously turned off. That is more than enough to warrant suspicion.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member

But why look at those things in the first place? Granted I've never been around a death like that, but if there's no sign of violence, the person was ill, and they died from apparent natural causes, would any kind of investigation be warranted? I'm just surprised the cops were poking around in the first place. Perhaps the maid raised the alarm by noting the security system had been disabled. But just the fact that she saw a car leave the driveway doesn't seem like cause for suspicion. You'd think they let the poor woman grieve for a bit before drilling her about which of her friends drives a white merc.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Didn't the Palmer entourage go in Los Angeles to be closer to the CTU problem? Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me.

If the President is in the area and with the renewed virus threat, why hasn't the Secret Service has not moved the President to a safe area. From what I understand the security detail has the ultimate authority in such matters.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Maybe the cop is looking for a promotion. (Nice to see that actor play a good guy.) And as I said before, Julia is acting hinky. And the security system was off -- maybe something the maid said -- and there was this mysterious car that Julia "didn't hear". He probably would want to question her before she settles and potentially lawyers up.

He told Sherry that Julia said that Sherry stopped her from helping Alan. That's pretty specific for a guess, so I'm guessing Julia did crack.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks