What's new

2022 MLB Season (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Judge may very well go w/ the Giants since they've got the available funds now, have proven themselves successful at getting deep into the postseason quite often enough (and winning it all now and then) and was apparently his fan favorite growing up in California (and used to dream of playing for them).

_Man_
It’s about the money!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Most of the time it is.
Turner left 42 large on the table

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
They do.

Jim Thome took some heat in 2003 when he signed with the Phillies And took less money then he was offered by other teams.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Question for our resident Yankees fan- I just read that Fred McGriff made the hall of fame by way of the Contemporary Era Committee, and Don Mattingly narrowly missed getting in. I didn’t really follow the game when Don played- is he worthy of the hall of fame?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Question for our resident Yankees fan- I just read that Fred McGriff made the hall of fame by way of the Contemporary Era Committee, and Don Mattingly narrowly missed getting in. I didn’t really follow the game when Don played- is he worthy of the hall of fame?
No and neither is McGriff.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
No and neither is McGriff.
Yes I was underwhelmed looking at Fred’s stats, and he got slightly more than half of the required vote from the writers in 2019, so it feels like a back door induction. His 493 HRs and 2,490 hits likely got him in.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yes I was underwhelmed looking at Fred’s stats, and he got slightly more than half of the required vote from the writers in 2019, so it feels like a back door induction. His 493 HRs and 2,490 hits likely got him in.
A really nice player, but lacks the the number of HOF caliber seasons to be a HOF player.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Judge will sign with the Yankees.

As for mattingly I’d say no. He had a great 5 year run but that shouldn’t be enough.

I saw Ryan Howard have the best 5 years I ever saw from a Phillie. Averaged nearly 50 homers and140 RBIs but that was it. He’s not a haller.

McGriff had nearly 500 homers so that got him in.
A shame Dale Murphy only got 398 homers or he’d be in easy. Should be in anyway.
He was only behind Schmidt in homers and RBIs during their era.

Last edited:

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Not officially, but everyone is reporting it as a done deal.
I thought the 8/$300 was more than fair, and a figure not likely matched or surpassed by another team. I guess I was wrong- someone at another site posted that the Padres were another rumored team that would have offered 9/$360
(I don’t see how they can field a good team by paying 3 guys tons of money- they’d likely have to surround the big money guys with a bunch of farm hands, and also losing their good starting pitcher- a recipe for little or no success).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I thought the 8/$300 was more than fair, and a figure not likely matched or surpassed by another team. I guess I was wrong- someone at another site posted that the Padres were another rumored team that would have offered 9/$360
(I don’t see how they can field a good team by paying 3 guys tons of money- they’d likely have to surround the big money guys with a bunch of farm hands, and also losing their good starting pitcher- a recipe for little or no success).
I heard the Padres and Giants made a similar offer to Judge.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Judge will sign with the Yankees.

As for mattingly I’d say no. He had a great 5 year run but that shouldn’t be enough.

I saw Ryan Howard have the best 5 years I ever saw from a Phillie. Averaged nearly 50 homers and140 RBIs but they was it. He’s not a haller.

McGriff had nearly 500 homers so they got him in.
A shame Dale Murphy only got 398 homers or he’d be in easy. Should be in anyway.
He was only behind Schmidt in homers and RBIs during their era.
Howard- he was a good hitter when he first came up, then started flailing away at that low outside breaking ball. Sad.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Seems like it’s 9/360

Harper for example has left is 9/220ish on his contract.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Seems like it’s 9/360

Harper for example has left is 9/220ish on his contract.
Harper and Turner are going to be around for a while. Hopefully Turner is the leadoff
hitter- I just think it’s bad baseball to have a guy hitting .218 with 200 strikeouts leading off.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks