What's new

2008 MLB Playoffs thread (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Hey Mike, here we go again!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

EDIT: LMAO! You would not believe how NESN is ripping TBS a new one for the botched transmission! Here's the trasnscript for those who don't have NESN:

Tom Caron: "...and families around New England gather around the radio to listen to the baseball game!"
Jerry Remy: "it's nice to see TBS finally paid their bills...the accountants are gonna catch heck for this one..and hopefully, tommorw night, they pay 'em again so we can see the WHOLE game."
Tom Caron: (sarcastically laughing) "and by the way, a lot of you missed the end of the Steve Harvey show; we wanted to let you know the family learned a valuable lesson and everything was fine at the end of it all."

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter

Turner Broadcasting had a freak power outage that took out both the primary and backup feeds through their broadcast studios. I wonder did the outage also take out TNT and the CNN/CNN Headline News?

(I've read that ESPN has multiple power backups at their Bristol, CT headquarters, mostly because of the snowstorms that can go through wintertime and strong rainstorms that go through in the summertime.)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Remy is still busting stones. LOL

"We'll be here tomorrow night for pre-game coverage, then you can go over and watch Dick Clark and the Bloopers"

:laugh:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I hope the power outage in Atlanta didn't effect Patrick Sun's output! :eek:

Seriously, though, it sure took a long time before TBS put up a crawl (or ANY kind of notice) that something was amiss. It might have been nice for mlb.com to have put up a notice, too! THAT'S how fast you need to get information out in an internet world. Frankly, the HTF was probably my third stop to find out if anyone knew what was going on! :D

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I was watching the pre-game show and about 10 minutes of 8pm, the feed shut off and the screen went green for few seconds; then they went to commercial. When they came back, they were showing the Bloopers and I figured something was wrong with the pre-game feed, so I waited until 8pm, figuring it'd be fixed by then.

When the Steve Harvey show came on, I figured they were still having problems, but was getting a little nervous.

And yes, I don't know why they took so long to put up the crawl. I really do hope repercussions come from this because I never thought I'd find a station more annoying than Fox (especially when it comes to sports).

And if they figure that it was just a freak accident, then I still hope something is done about the way they handled the situation. It was very amateurish, the way they handled it. The singal cut out 15 minutes before the start of the game. You'd think that would be enough time to get the crawl up. When did the crawl come up? 8:15pm?? That's 25 minutes!!!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Not to mention the text of the crawl looks like something that would have been appropriate in the 1970s! But that's just for us TV graphics geeks! :D

Can you imagine the phone calls that must have been flying @ TBS? :laugh:

Very much looking forward to tonight's game. Think I'll have a little spread of snacks (kinda like Super Bowl Sunday). ;)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Mike, do you get NESN? not sure if you saw my post about how they were busting on TBS last night (I was editing my posted when you posted).

It was great! They kept busting all night. When they showed the replay of Crisp's bunt (in the 1st) Tom Caron was busting how they had to listen to the radio and was expecting Remy to mimic it. LOL

I love this line from a news report:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
:laugh:

NESN?!?!? Nope! :angry: And there are a LOT of Red Sox fans here in the greater Albany-area! Lots of 'em!

Nope. We just get YES (which is why I am so intimate with the Yankees) and SNY (Mets). I'd have to buy the MLB package (if cable ever gets it back) to watch Sox games on NESN. :frowning:

So...what I've done is buy the MLB.com audio gameday package so I can listen to the WRKO/WEEI feeds on the computer rather than try to tune in WTIC out of Hartford. Lots of Joe Castiglione and Dave O'Brien for me!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
anyone here usiing the tbs.com live game video feed.

the pitch tracker is up for every pitch.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Congrats to the Rays. Excellent ALCS.

As I've said all season, they look good and they really played their hearts out against the Red Sox all year. I said so in April and I said so in September.

They certainly didn't back into the World Series.

It'll be interesting to see what they can do next year.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
OK a Phils - Rays World Series.

Phils in 6.

The best part of this is no Papelbon, that guy is scary in the playoffs

EricW

Senior HTF Member
aren't the Rays basically doing exactly what the Tigers did a couple years ago? The Tigers have underperformed since. it'll be weird having ~three~ powerhouse teams in the AL east.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Well, I knew the results because I was following the game on radio, cell phone and even the scoreboard at Raymond James Stadium while I was at the Bucs game. I decided to not let my season tickets go to waste tonight even though the other person who was supposed to go with me had to work the Red Sox clubhouse tonight for the Rays.

I recorded the game, so I'm going to watch it now.

Go Rays!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.