What's new

2008 MLB Playoffs thread (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
so for those who have been through this lately, when does the dvd set get released.
it's already up for preorder at mlb.com but no date.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Damn! I wish they had a Blu-ray version of last years W.S. :frowning:

Tony, are you getting the Philadelphia Phillies vs. Tampa Blu Rays on Bay-ray? I mean,....ack! Try saying that 10 times fast. :D

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
the blu-ray appears to be just hi-lites, but yes for that.
i wonder if the complete set will be on blu too.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Congrats to the Philadelphia Phillies.

Although is it really a curse? It didn't seem to affect their AFL, MLL, NLL MISL and AHL teams.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter

It's just the 4 major sports. Some consider Philly's previous championship was 1985, when Villanova won the NCAA Tournament, but most (myself included) won't count that.

But hey, this time, a Philly team wins one at the expense of a TB team, after losing to them in the other 2 sports. :D

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I guess I'll be needing some new wall art to go with my 2007 NL East plaque in my bar. Nice. Kind of low on cash these days so I think i'm going to print out the coming desktop wallpaper download and frame it.

Jon Bell

Stunt Coordinator
What a great game (game 5 part deux). All baseball games should be 4 innings long. Every pitch/ at bat/ out/ hit/ run matters.

And the game was over in plenty of time to riot and loot center city Philadelphia.

I'll be at the parade tomorrow with my three boys. Look for us-- we'll be in red.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
So I'm watching the parade cover-edge in Philly on Comcast and channel 6 digital.
I have to say very disappointing cover-edge.

comcast looks like they are using a camera set on top of the tallest building
and don't they have a low light level lens, sheesh can't see anything.

ABC has an add banner on the screen that runs on the bottom taking up a third of the screen, and then they do a split screen that makes the add banner take up more then half the screen and the sides of the screen.

just awful.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Hall of Fame Phils broadcaster Harry Kalas and his color guy Chris Wheeler.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Harry Kalas is the tv and radio voice, he takes one inning on radio in the middle of the game. and does first 3 and last three on tv.

Harry Kalas Born: March 26, 1936, Chicago, IL...Home: Media, PA...Wife, Eileen; sons, Todd, Brad and Kane.

A broadcaster for 44 years, the past 34 with the Phillies beginning in 1971...Served as Master of Ceremonies for the first (4/10/71) and last (9/28/03) games in Veterans Stadium history...Honored as the 2004 Person of the Year by the Broadcast Pioneers of Philadelphia...Received the Legacy of Excellence award from the Philadelphia Sports Hall of Fame on February 9, 2004; was among 19 first-year inductees...Named Sportscaster of the Year by the Chicago Pitch & Hit Club.

2002 winner of the Ford C. Frick Award from the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum; he received the award, given to a broadcaster who has made major contributions to baseball, during the induction ceremonies in Cooperstown, NY, on July 28, 2002...Other honors received in 2002 included the Board of Governor's Award at the Mid-Atlantic Emmy Awards, the Ken Garland Lifetime Achievement Award at the Philadelphia A.I.R. (Achievement in Radio) Awards and the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Philadelphia Sports Congress...Honored by the Phillies in 2000 for his 30 years of service...Graduated from the University of Iowa in 1959 with a BA degree in speech, radio and television.

Drafted on graduation day, he spent the following two years in Hawaii with the Army...Served as Sports Director of KGU radio and broadcast games for the Hawaii Islanders and University of Hawaii...Was a member of the original Houston Astros broadcast team in 1965 and also broadcast University of Houston football and Southwest Conference basketball at that time...Among his many jobs, he has broadcast Big Five basketball and Notre Dame football.

In addition to baseball, he currently tapes several programs for NFL Films, broadcasts Westwood One Radio Network football and provides voice-overs for numerous commercials...Has been named Pennsylvania Sportscaster of the Year 18 times (1978, 1980-90, 1992-96; 2002).

His son Todd is the voice of the Rays.

he was the voice of the astros before he came to the Phils.

btw, I'm watching the parade right now and it seems Chase Utley may have been a bit inebriated.

quote....

"world champions, (pause) WORLD FU@#ING CHAMPIONS"

Or he did that on purpose as a follow up to what happened in the all star game.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.