What's new

2007-2008 NFL season discussion thread (1 Viewer)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Kudos to Steve Spagnuolo and the Giants defense for their great job so far. Can they keep it up?

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Spagnuolo is working himself into that Skins job pretty easily. His unit is doing fantastic work. The Pats have the lead, but they've been outplayed for the most part. Brady looks awful.

Even if the Pats, this isn't making those "Best Team Ever" arguments easy for their supporters.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Holy crap, this has been a nail-biter! Can the Pats Defense keep the Giants out of the end zone with under 3 minutes to go?

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Agreed. Best SB ever. Giants, you'll always be remembered for this game. Eli, they won't boo you at home anymore, and you'll never be little brother again. The Gints defense was extraordinary.

I'm happy to be wrong, and it proves yet again, that's why they play.

Congrats to the G-Men, their fans, and Tom Coughlin. He may not be "Coach of the Year", but he's certainly "Coach of the Post-Season". And Brady will tell you...thats all that matters.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Typically, history forgets the losers. The Patriots will be one of a select few that history will never forget.

In a way for the Pats haters or those who feel they got off too easy for breaking NFL rules and being so defiant about it, this is a more fitting punishment than Goodell or any other person could've handed down.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
If I were a betting man I would have bet the Giants anyway, because that point spread was so ridiculous. But I went into the game tonight thinking the Giants had a 50/50 chance of winning and completely unawed by the "perfect" Patriots who have, in key games, been the "incredibly f***ing lucky" Patriots.

The predictions were mostly crap. Not just the ones that had the Patriots blowing the Giants out by crazy numbers, but the ones predicting that both teams would score a lot of points. Hasn't anybody been watching these two defenses? I would have been surprised if the combined score was more than 40 points.

This year the only "perfection" that counted was 11 and 0 on the road. :)

Regards,

Joe

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That snippet with Brady bemused at Buress's prediction, thinking the Patriots won't score more than 17 point will be fodder for some good humor.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Exactly, so definitely not the greatest ever, as previously posted, but an excellent ending. Other SBs (particuarly Packers/Broncos) had just as good an ending, but were exciting throughout.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
This will get blamed on Brady's leg :)

but no one will care.

1) I hope Burress apologizes for overestimating the NE offense.
2) I hope there are warehouses full of that Pats book!
3) And I agree with Casey. As humiliation goes...being 18-0 and losing to a NFC wildcard and Peyton's little brother.

Can't wait to read Bill Simmons. If he doesn't die from alcohol poisoning.

I enjoyed watching the Giants D play their asses off against the greatest O ever. It was intense.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Boring second and third quarters, but never as boring as a blowout. A low-scoring but intense game. As New York expats in Boston, my roommate and I may not have been the only ones in the air screaming after that last touchdown, but I doubt anyone else in the building was screaming in elation.

What a game! What an ending! At the very least, the best game in my lifetime.

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
Haven't I seen this game before? :rolleyes

Oh that's right--Super Bowl XXV, when the Giants did more or less the same thing in shutting down an opposing offense and won the game in a crazy squeaker.

Now, let's see how fast the Giants jettison Jeremy Shockey. Without Shockey and Tiki Barber to constantly pester Eli Manning, that totally changed Manning's playcalling afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks