What's new

2003 MLB World Series thread (1 Viewer)

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, Crawdaddy. My mistake. I have edited it to properly say LewB. I guess I just assumed it was you with your vast knowledge of all that is sports and HT :b .

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
This is the ultimate sign of how disgraceful Fox's coverage has become. TWICE in the last minute the game coverage disappears and is replaced by commercials. Do they have six year olds in the control truck??????
I think it's your station, not FOX. I don't recall seeing something like that.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, Crawdaddy. My mistake. I have edited it to properly say LewB. I guess I just assumed it was you with your vast knowledge of all that is sports and HT
To be only a little anal Jeff, you got the wrong Lew.

I guess when I think about it, why would anyone who is not a fan even open this thread, much less post in it.

Oh well, all of us fans will be watching again tonight, knowing full well we are seeing the best.

LewB

Screenwriter
Man, I've never been in a situation where there was another Lew to be confused with. I kinda like it.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
This is definitely not my day. I am going to give up and just leave my stupidity in place for prosperity. My apologies to every Lew, Lou, Lieutenant, LouAnne, Lula, Emmylou, Skip to the Loo and Crawdaddy on the board :b !

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
"think it's your station, not FOX. I don't recall seeing something like that."

It happened twice in the top of the sixth on the Chicago Fox station. I missed Garcia making out. Thankfully it didn't happen in the Yankee rally! :)

Rocket's swan song tonight. I hope he goes out in style. :)

DeT

Agent
Thanks for the explanation :)

I guess when I think of a World Series, I would see something like US vs Brazil or something along that line. Where team from one country competing against the other country. But I guess it is quite different in baseball.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Almost his first hit to the head when he didn't slide going to 2nd also.

Seeing him run out there I started laughing from the start. Especially when he had to duck. He's a good competitor but it's always fun to watch these pitchers out there on the bases.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
I'm a casual fan who has enjoyed the ALCS and now the WS. While I root for the Yankees, my familiarity with the team is lacking.

For those expert fans...why has Torre stayed with Soriano, throughout the ALCS & WS, despite Soriano's sub-.170 post-season BA (not to mention a record number of post-season strikeouts)?

Not to mention his very ugly at-bats...he swings and flails at the worst stuff.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Does anyone else hear a kid yelling "Mom!" over and over again? It doesn't sound like "C'mon", but I'm hope that's what he's yelling.

For those expert fans...why has Torre stayed with Soriano, throughout the ALCS & WS, despite Soriano's sub-.170 post-season BA (not to mention a record number of post-season strikeouts)?
I'm not an expert, but as far as I can tell, his defense is much better than his offense, and that's why I think Torre keeps him on.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
WOW, that was close. I thought for sure that was going to hit the wall.

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
The instant they didn't score in the 11th and Torre brought in Weaver to pitch I knew the game was over. Weaver is a horrible pitcher who has no business being on the postseason roster and who I hope is run out of town for good because of this. I am sick and tired of seeing him get more chances then he ever deserved. Why Torre didn't try to gut it out for an inning or two with White or Hammond or Heredia is beyond me.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Someone needs to tell me who to address the letter to. I need to thank him for putting Weaver in the game. :)

I think Soriano is still in because he is a good player and has that potential to break out of the slump, he hit 30+ homeruns this year. Plus he adds good defense and he is quick on the bases.

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
The joke is that Weaver was on the roster in the first place instead of another reliever like Osuna. They kept him on the roster solely to salve his crybaby ego because they foolishly think he can be part of the rotation next year. Not after this. I have seen him called on in relief for the last month since Contreras replaced him in the rotation and do nothing but give up home runs and I could literally smell the ending from a mile away the instant he came in.

And Soriano stays because of his offense and the fact that you don't put weak hitting Enrique Wilson at second instead.

MikeDeVincenzo

Stunt Coordinator
Eric

Yes, I too, felt faint when Weaver was summoned. Torre might as well have put up a white flag.

But no problem. We'll get 'em tomorrow behind Wells, then up in NY with Andy. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks