What's new

Yup, UV is still a joke (1 Viewer)

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
I hate to say it, I truly do, but the choice of physical vs. digital might be made for us. Just look at how fast sales are falling for discs. And this is coming after years of falling sales. It will get to the point, as if it hasn't already, where a favorite catalog title simply isn't released on a disc...

View attachment 30083 View attachment 30084 View attachment 30085 View attachment 30086 View attachment 30087 View attachment 30088

I look forward to the pie charts for the weeks ended after April 5th.

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
Here's a good one: every one of the three codes in the "Jurassic Park: Ultimate Trilogy" three-movie set gave me "Jurassic Park III"! Isn't that great? When my digital copy of "Jurassic Park III" mysteriously disappears, I'll have two more ready to go!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Here's a good one: every one of the three codes in the "Jurassic Park: Ultimate Trilogy" three-movie set gave me "Jurassic Park III"! Isn't that great? When my digital copy of "Jurassic Park III" mysteriously disappears, I'll have two more ready to go!
Just email Universal. They will send you the proper codes.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Ok, dumb question, but...how do I see my UV / UVVU / VUDU library?

I redeemed a code at VUDU. I finally found the link to see the library there (The "My VuDu" tab). But I can't find an aggregated library at UVVU. It just shows all the sites I could use for buying movies. So do you have to browse each UV website individually to see your library?

Not that it's a pressing issue for me...apparently this is the first and only UV code I've redeemed to date. I thought I'd done this before, but only Mad Max Fury Road shows in my VUDU account.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I'm really annoyed that the Flixster app was discontinued on Roku and replaced by FandangoNow. Why? Because FandangoNow doesn't exist in Canada. Now, if I want to watch my UV movies redeemed through Flixster, I have to lug my laptop to the family room and try and find an open HDMI port. Bad form, Fandango.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Yep and as much as I kvetch about UVs lame implementation we still redeem all the free codes we get and will take all the free ones on offer. They will never get a dime directly from us tho!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks