What's new

Your interpretation of Wes Craven's Carnival of Souls. (1 Viewer)

Luc

Stunt Coordinator
No I'm not talking about the classic one that everyone around here like some much. I'm talking about the one everyone hate so much.
I didn't think it's as bad as everyone made it out to be. I like to think what some of you thoughts are on the movie. All spoiler alerts:
Sure, it's like a cheap copy of Jacob's Ladder. I believe that Alex Grant (played by Bobblie Phillips) when she drove the car with Louis into the lake ends the reality of the movie. The rest was a death journey much like Jacob in Jacob's ladder. As for Louis already being dead, that sequence when the cop told her Louis is dead was also part of her dreams.
What did you think?

Luc

Stunt Coordinator
Yip, just as I thought: couldn't find someone in real life who seen it and couldn't find one here
biggrin.gif

But didn't anyone watch it because Bobbie Phillips was in it? That got to be the best she ever look.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Nope Luc, you found one.
biggrin.gif

I have to tell you that I really disliked this remake. When I rented it, I was fully expecting it to be a straight up remake of the original, and since Wes was involved, I didn't see how it could miss, but it did miss, big time! I took what you said above into consideration, and it doesn't really improve it any. Now let me ask YOU something, did you see the original, and if so what did you think of it? Personally, I think it's a great little fright flick, and considering the VERY small budget, Herk Harvey pulled off a minor miricle!
------------------
So madly in love with Estella Warren!

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
Well (much like Wishmaster, Dracula 2000, etc.), Craven didn't direct Carnival of Souls. I wish he'd stop lending his name to such terrible films. Everyone thinks he directs them. It's only making him look bad.
I like the original. Quite an interesting little chiller from the 60's.

Luc

Stunt Coordinator
OK guys, I guess my second comment still stands sense everyone of you who responsed were more interested in talking about the original which I haven't seen
biggrin.gif
. Since it's a completely different movie, I'll leave that to another discussion.
So how about the interpretation or did all of you fell asleep
wink.gif
?
Wasn't that bad. I've seen worst: Ghosts of Mars. That ought to get some responses
biggrin.gif
[Edited last by Luc on August 30, 2001 at 03:51 PM]

Will K

Screenwriter
The original COS is a classic of the spookiest order. The "remake", IMHO, is probably the worst movie I've ever seen. I truly cannot think of a more boring, uninvolving, soulless, visually vapid waste of film. Wes Craven must've owed it to someone to put his name on it. It makes even his worst films(Hills Have Eyes II, Deadly Friend) look like Exorcist-level classics. And I'm in a kind mode. :)
------------------
My Scary DVD Collection

Luc

Stunt Coordinator
Ahhh....I get the feeling no one wants to talk about this movie
idea.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks