What's new

Yamaha Rx-v3300 Rxv3300 (1 Viewer)

I did a listen to the Yamaha RXV3300 compared to the Denon AVR-3803 in 2 channel stereo mode with music at Ultimate Electronics today, as well as Dolby digital. I preferred the Yamaha.I have now heard the Onkyo SR-800, the Denon AVR-3803, Yamaha RXV3300, and Pioneer VSX-45TX. The salesman at Ultimate said he really likes the Pioneer 45TX sound, so did I, but still sees continuing bass management problems, and does not recommend it. I'm kinda leaning toward the RXV3300, especially if I can get it for 100.00 more than the SR800, I'm curious about the watts usage that the owners manual and the back of the Yamaha receiver indicate, 500 watts consumption. That sounds way too little, the Onkyo SR-800 consumes 8.1 amps. The Denon 3803 uses 7.0 amps. The Yamaha weighs about 48 pounds, that's a good weight, about 12 more pounds than Onkyo and Denon, I like em good and heavy. I tend to equate heavy with good, but maybe I should not. So what gives with the 500 watts consumption , maybe the claimed Yamaha wattage output is way overstated??

Steve

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
Hi Steve,
This probably won't answer your quesion but i would not even think about the whole power cunsumption thing. All of those receivers mentioned have a more than adequate power supply and in all of my listening of them I would say that they are all pretty equally matched in how much clean sound they put out. It sounds as if you like the sound of the Yamaha so I think you should feel confident with your initial feeling. (I too prefer the yamaha sound over the others :)) The 3300 is also a top of the line receiver, it is just a step down from the flagship. The 800 and 3803 I think are better compared to the yamaha 2300. I would stick to your initial findings and listen to what your ears are telling you, not numbers on the back of the unit. Good luck to you.

Thanks everyone. I listened to a Pioneer 45TX compared to the Yamaha RXV3300 today, now I'm leaning toward the Pioneer 45TX. One more listen to this week, and I'll make a decision. They are all good sounding machines, as can be expected, since they are near in price, what one person likes another may not. I'm a mid range person, I like vocals, like Diana Krall, and jazz, and want a machine to perform well to my ears in music and movies. It really comes down to what each person likes.

Steve

PhilMays

Stunt Coordinator
Steve,

I have never auditioned the Pioneer reciever line but personally have the RX-v3300 you are considering. I purchased it a little over 2 months ago for around $1,150. It replaced an Onkyo TXDS797 that I think is close to the SR800 (I have heard the 797 has more rated power than the 800 due to having 6 channels of power -vs- 7 channels).

The Yamy absolutely blows the Onkyo away when it comes to detail. Some people say that is bright, which I have a tendency to translate into detail -vs- warm and my translation of that is flat.

If I would have gotten the Denon product it would have been the 4802, but at that price I very well may have gotten the RX-Z1 form Yamy.

The short of it is that I love the Yamy and at this price point I feel it is a "giant killer".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks