What's new

Yamaha RX-V1200 & V2200... went to my dealer for info (1 Viewer)

Bill Bradstreet

Stunt Coordinator
My local dealer told me today that he was supposed to receive some of these on 10/4/2001, but they didn't come in. He really didn't know much about them either. If I remember correctly, he told me $900 & $1200 were the prices. We'll see if that's correct!
Also, they stopped carrying Toshiba RPTVs. He said that they always had problems getting the parts to fix them when they broke (and he thought that they broke too much). He thought they made people's faces look green too. I figure they were cheaper and therefore had less margin -- that would make sense as a reason as well.
No need to flame me on the Toshiba please. I'm just repeating what he told me.
Regards,
Bill

Jim Zanbehr

Agent
So does anybody know when these new Yamaha's will actually be available in the stores or when we can get more info? What about the suggested retail prices? I've been considering purchase of a new receiver and have been undecided between the RXV800/HTR5280 or the RXV1000. They look like they both have the connections I need with the 1000 having the better remote which may or may not be worth the price difference. Do these new models still have analog inputs for older equipment? Phono inputs (fewer and fewer seem to include that in this price range)? In another thread on this forum someone mentioned a Yamaha HTR 5490? Is that actually coming out or is that an alternate name for RXV1200 or 2200?

Bill Bradstreet

Stunt Coordinator
First, the what's new page has a basic spec list, but it doesn't look very complete. It will tell you that Yamaha did cave in and has DPLii in these.
http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/whatsnew.htm
I already posted the prices I was told (if I remembered them correctly). It looks like these two receivers are to replace the 800 & 1000, but that's my guess (not out of the dealer's mouth). Also, I mentioned above that he was already supposed to have some in stock, so we should be seeing them on shelves pretty soon.
Bill

varon

Auditioning
You can find some stuff on the Yamaha RX-V1200/2200 at Link Removed Link Removed
I am currently debating between Yamaha (with its cold accurate sound)
and Marantz SR7200 which sound a bit better than previous
(similar price/spec) Yamaha models. Link Removed
Any advice will be welcome !

Bill Bradstreet

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for those links. It gives a little more detail than I had before. Looks like I'm going to have to wait for the replacement to the 3000. I don't believe the 800 or 1000 had the front effect channels. The 3000 does. I imagine these replace the 800 & 1000 and this is confirmed (for me anyway) by these numbers. I imagine that the replacement for the 3000 will have the front effect channels too. I can't imagine losing the front effect channels. Even in the small listening space I have set up I find them invaluable.
Thanks,
Bill

Nicholas A. Gallegos

Stunt Coordinator
Yamaha HTR 5490? Is that actually coming out or is that an alternate name for RXV1200 or 2200?
I believe I was the one who mentioned the '5490 and that information is actually 100% correct. I actually got to speak to a Yamaha rep last week and it's in my store's (Best Buy) computer. According to him, it's suggested retail will be somewhere around $850, although my store is going to want $899.99 for it (go fig). But judging from its improvements, it could be very well worth every penny. It has DTS-ES Discrete, DPLII, DTS Neo6; the list goes on. Someone also mentioned in another thread that the new model won't have the preouts that the '5280/800 has. I don't know where he got that information, because I am almost certain that I saw 5.1 channel preouts when I looked at the back of the receiver. Apparently, there's no preout for the 6th (rear center) channel though.
I still have to check our shipping manifest, but we're supposed be getting our first shipment of '5490s tomorrow night. We'll see though.....

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
What is the consensus on the RX-V1200? I'm looking to upgrade from my Technics SH AC500D and the Yamaha is one model I was considering.
------------------
As for the bad rap about the characters--hey, I've seen space operas that put their emphasis on human personalities and relationships. They're called "Star Trek" movies. Give me transparent underwater cities and vast hollow senatorial spheres any day. --Roger Ebert on The Phantom Menace
AIM: Aureus91 / DVDs / ICQ: 58566493

Bill Bradstreet

Stunt Coordinator
I've been a Yamaha fan for some time. I like the 1200 & 2200, and will recommend them to friends who are looking to upgrade. I'm waiting for the replacement for the 3000. I can't imagine not having the front effect speakers after having them installed for the past 3+ years.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks