What's new

Yamaha receiver surround back query (1 Viewer)

Kevin*H

Stunt Coordinator
The Surround Back indicator light does not come on when I have selected dolby prologic IIx and when I select Extd Sur on the remote to get 7:1
all I get is AUTO .. .. on the Receiver, does that mean that the surround back will come on automatically when there is surround back audio available?

Nomo

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom
If you are referring to the small speaker icons at the right side of the display; those lights only indicate what is coming into the receiver. The only time you will see the surround back light come on is when the receiver is getting a 6.1 signal such as DD EX.
The Auto display means the receiver is automatically choosing between digital and analog input signals.

Frank A

Stunt Coordinator
Kevin, all of my lights work only when the receiver (yamaha) is using DD or DTS, otherwise, only the two front channels come on when it is in PL1 or 2. You still get some sound out of the surrounds, though.
Is that what you are talking about? Make sure you use an optical cable or coax if you want true surround in DD or DTS mode.

Frank

Kevin*H

Stunt Coordinator
I watched Last of the Mohicans which is a DTS film and I did not get the surround back indicator light to come on. I have been impressed with the prologic decoder on the other films viewed, I suspect I am missing something obvious and will eventually figure it out with trial and error.
Thanks for the replies

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks