What's new

Yamaha receiver\speakers intermittently cut out on BR player only (1 Viewer)

BadRabbit

Auditioning
Real Name
Pete
Ended up being a bad BD player. Replaced it and now everything is working. Thanks to everyone for their help.

gandlny

Auditioning
Real Name
George
Hello. Just found this link. I have same issue with Yamaha RX V671 and Sony blu ray. Cuts out during loud passages on Fury and The Equalizer. Blu ray works fine direct to TV. Swapped HDMI cables and ports. Thought it was drawing too much power so disconnected subwoofer but problem still exists. I'm borrowing my friends BD player and will try that as next step. I'll keep you informed...

gandlny

Auditioning
Real Name
George
Replaced my Sony Blu ray with a friends Samsung and DVD's worked fine. Went out and bought a Samsung h5900 and it works great. Whew, I thought the receiver had gone bad. Even though it may have been some strange mismatch between the 2 components. Maybe someone can explain how a blu-ray player would work fine with a TV but not well with a receiver. Are the signals that much different?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
How old was the BD player?

Signals the same.

But yes. A player having issues(laser being dirty. Misaligned) can cause issues where more "correct signal" is required than it can provide.

Meaning...your AVR wanted 100% signal. Most TV can survive on 80%.

ChromeJob

Second Unit
Real Name
David S.
This thread sounds exactly like a widely reported problem with audio cutting out from streaming apps ... and appears to be a problem with Netflix and Amazon streaming Dolby Digital Plus (DD+) content, which the player/tv then downgrades to Dolby Digital (DD) (which is supposed to be a drop-kick iaw Dolby), but is faulty. On my Yamaha RXV775, the audio cuts out from time to time, indicators blink. It's the player's fault as OP indicated upon replacing the BD player.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks