What's new

XtremeHD HDMI Switcher (1 Viewer)

don monteith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don Monteith
I have never heard of them but for $100 I would like to know more. Especially from someone who is using one of these.

Don

jjsaustin

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
Monoprice.com has switchers cheaper and they have great service.

A 5x1 switch is $59! They also have great prices on HDMI cables.

don monteith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don Monteith
All the low prices are fine but as we all know, you get what you pay for in electronics. I am more concerned about the quality of the signal not so much about the price. I was just thinking that if there is a really good HDMI switch out there for around $100 I would be very interested. Does anyone have experience with any of these switches that are being mentioned?

Don

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor

jjsaustin

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim

I purchased the 5x1 switch from Monoprice and it works fine. Others have used this as well I found on other forums (AVSFORUM and dbstalk.com).

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
The cables and switchers from Monoprice have been favorably reviewed on several enthusiast sites. They're working great for me. IMO, one of the biggest scams going today is the ridiculous overpricing of HDMI cables.

To address the OPs question: XTremeMac is a maker of accessories for the Apple iPod & Mac. Their HDMI products are designed to match the AppleTV aesthetically. I have one of their cables (bought before I knew about Monoprice) and it is of high quality and works great. The switcher was reviewed here:

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ipo...hdmi-switcher/

They said the box performed just fine; their main gripe was that it was overpriced compared to what you can get elsewhere (obviously they were familiar with Monoprice but not the HT market as a whole).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks