What's new

xbox question. (1 Viewer)

Diallo B

Screenwriter
last night i was playing the first halo and got to a point where i had too much eye fatique to continue to play. i could not save my progress so i simply turned off my t.v., receiver and left my xbox on so i could continue to play when i woke up.

well i woke up and to my horror the xbox was powered off. i quickly turned it on and became instantaneously furious. i had lost all of my progress.

has anyone else had this happen to them? do xbox's turn themselves off? wtf!!!!

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
There is a setting where after (iirc) 6hrs of innactivity, the XBOX powers itself off. It's in the system settings.

Rusty Ray

Second Unit
Strange... you should be able to choose save and quit from the pause menu on both halo 1 and 2.. since the xbox has an hd this shouldn't be a problem.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Yeah I was going to ask why he didn't "save and quit" as that is an option.

Sure, it reverts you back to the last save point but they are fairly common so the loss of progress shouldn't be that great.

And yes, I believe there is an auto power off setting in the dashboard.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
There definately IS an auto-off setting in the dashboard. You have to manually turn it off in order to keep power up indefinately.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
thanks for the info folks. i am running the change that setting in the dashboard right now.

in halo 2 there is a save and quit setting. in halo there is just a quit setting. if you choose it you will lose all progress on that particular level. i am playing coop if that means anything.

what really pisses me off is that i am at the final part of the final level. driving that damn warthog is awful and once you get killed you have to start all over.

my brother and i did it 4 times before saying frack it. but we lost all of our progress because the box powered off. the level takes a couple of hours to complete and now i have to do it all over again. :frowning:

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like you were playing Co-op mode. The co op mode in Halo doesnt not have a save and quit option, where the single player campaign does. That is why the option didnt appear, if I am right in assuming you were playing co op. And yes, driving that last section sucks a fat one. Especially on legendary.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks