What's new

Xbox Battlefront demo on SW DVDs-is this a first? (1 Viewer)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I've read that there's a playable Xbox Battlefront demo on the Star Wars DVDs-is this the first time this has been done? I know there's been a few game commercials/trailers on DVDs before, but this is the first time I've heard about a playable console demo.

Definitely a great idea though. A great cross promotion opportunity as well, where you can get demos for related (but not necessarily licensed) games on movie DVDs (similar genres perhaps).

Adam W

Stunt Coordinator
Only one I can think of is the Hulk. Put the DVD in your xbox and you can play one short level from the game. I wish more DVDs would do this. The Chronicles of Riddick should do the same as the game is incredible.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Hulk is also the only previous console demo I can remember. There have, of course, been numerous PC game demos via DVD-ROM content (Tarzan, The Grinch, Harry Potter, Emperor's New Groove, etc.).

Not that it's anywhere near the same thing, but The Digital Leisure DVD-V versions of those Don Bluth animated "Dragon's Lair" and "Space Ace" games play a lot better on my PS2 than they do on my DVD player, mainly due to the remote. :)

Regards,

ToddS

Stunt Coordinator
The demo does not work for me. I have an Xbox with a Thompson drive and the DVD kit and the SWT 4th disk will not load at all. Is anyone else having this issue?

James T

Screenwriter
I have a Thompson drive as well and it works fine. It actually downloads something to your Xbox HD, so it takes a wee bit longer to load.

At first, I thought it didn't work because I couldn't use my DVD remote, then I realized there was an option to play the demo.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
I agree this is a great idea for movie companys to put on their releases. I really liked the idea when I saw it on the Hulk, even though I had no intention of buying it. This is a great way to reach an audience who might not think about certain games, Crhonicles of Riddick being one. Not many people ran out to get it thinking that it might be just another movie made game and it turned out to be kick ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks