What's new

Xantech, connections and distances (1 Viewer)

Zbigniew

Stunt Coordinator
I am planning on adding a Xantech distribution to my rig.

I will use Slinke as receiver (it has Xantech type 3 wire connector, and can be interfaced with 789-44).

1) Can I wire 2 789-44 in paralell to one receiver ?

2) What is a wire length I can run between 789-44 and one of emitters ?

3) can I plug a cable from the Xantech emitter port directly into receiving jack on the back of Denon (3300/5800) ?

4) Can I plug a cable from Xnatech emitter port on 789-44 into receving jack on Lexicon MC-1 ?

Thanks,

_zjt

Leo

Second Unit
Not sure what you're trying to accomplish by running 2 789-44 in parallel.

I'm using the 789-44PS (includes power supply) and I ran about 25 feet of Cat5e (I used 2 pairs to connect each of the connections on the 789-44). I'm using the 291-10 Hidden Link as my receiver. I used the 286M Dual Blink-IR Mouse emitters (which gives me 2 additional ports for future growth) to operate the 4 components in my rack. Everything attaches to the equipment via double-back clear (replaceable) tape.

Please explain a bit more what you are trying to do by plugging the IR emitters into your receiver.

Zbigniew

Stunt Coordinator
1) why 2 789 ? I have 2 rooms with a rack of gear in each; I was thinking of using 789 to fan-out IR signals for each rack. Is there another way to cascade signals where larner number of emitters is needed ?

Distance between rooms measured along cable is approx 125 ft.

2) My gear is sitting in open racks for the foreseenable future; I woudl like to avoid emitters glued over IR windows, and use hardwired jacks on back of both Denon and Lexicon. This way yone has full remote control and clean front face...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks