What's new

X-A2 audio problems (1 Viewer)

Thomas W

Agent
I've read about problems with the bass management (BM) of the X-A2 when using the 5.1 analog. Supposedly you can overcome the BM problems of the X-A2 if your receiver can apply speaker management to an analog input. My receiver cannot do this so I'm experiencing some very low volumes on my subwoofer.

Now I'm experiencing another weird problem with my front main speakers. As of yesterday I get absolutely no sound from them at all! I tried re-initializing the X-A2, playing around with the speaker management menu on the X-A2, etc. Still no sound whatsoever!

I'm working around the problem right now by connecting the X-A2 to my receiver via digital coaxial, but that gives me a downconverted Dolby signal, not Dolby TrueHD.

Does anyone have any idea of what's going wrong with my X-A2 audio?

Thomas W

Agent
False alarm. I inadvertently screwed up some settings on my receiver that cut out the front main speakers. Modern audio/visual equipment got the better of me once again!

Thomas W

Agent

I only won the most recent battle, not the war! I'm still trying to firgure out the labyrinth of commands and settings of my receiver to see if I can compensate for the speaker management problems of the X-A2. Or, I could just continue to use the digital coaxial connection and wait for Toshiba to issue a fix for this frustrating issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks