What's new

WTB: Mad Max with aussie dialouge (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Is there a Mad Max with aussie dialouge available on Laserdisc? I know where to obtain a version on video tape, and there are Japanese version of Mad Max with the Aussie dialouge too, but I'm curious if there were any LD's out there with the Aussie dialouge.
Unless you don't already know, the North American version of the first movie, "Mad Max" had a stupid American dub of the voices because they were worried about how the Aussie accents would sound. There does exist versions that have the original Aussie dialouge, but Aussies are PAL, so its hard to get the proper format with the Aussie dialouge. Phew, I explained a bit more than necessary. :)

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
According to the Link Removed , no, but the IMDB is often wrong or incomplete. I am not aware of any American releases that aren't dubbed (actually, until now I didn't know they were dubbed) and I've owned them all. I've never seen a non-dubbed one on Ebay that I recall but then I haven't been paying attention. I'd be interested in a non-dubbed version also, LD or DVD, NTSC only. Good luck!
------------------
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
Aren't there rumors that this might be available next year as part of SE of Mad Max? I sure hope so.
------------------
photo11.jpg

Adrian Jones

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Rumor is that MGM is putting out an SE in January; that's at least what MGM lurker Alan wrote about a month or so ago.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I might spring for the VHS version to tide me over, or for collectors purposes. Out of curiosity, hometheaterforum members might find this sight interesting:
http://www.otevideo.com/m2.html
Thats the link with the Mad Max 1 Video Tape on it, but once there, take a look. Mostly weird stuff and probably only video tape, but still neat. I'll check if they have any LD or DVD.
Anyone else have any idea if Mad Max 1 came on LD with the original Aussie dialouge?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks