World of Concrete anybody going?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James_S, Jan 8, 2003.

1. James_S

James_S Second Unit

Just curious if anybody else is planning on going to the World of Concrete in Las Vegas (at the Las Vegas Convention Center)in the first week of February?

If possible, I would like to meet with some of you for discussion and/or networking.

I will be there from Monday February the 3rd through the Sunday the 9th.

Send me a e-mail and I could set something up.

James

Note: Admin - I figure I'd post here since it was not Home Theater Related. Please move if required. Thanks

2. ben hunt

ben hunt Stunt Coordinator

my dads probably going. He went last year I think, or maybe it was the year before.

3. Phil L

Phil L Supporting Actor

Just curious, what is The World of Concrete?

4. James_S

James_S Second Unit

From their Website:

The world’s largest annual trade show for commercial construction
    World of Concrete, together with The Producer Center and World of Masonry, is the ultimate showcase for the equipment, products and technology in the commercial construction industry. In February, these three events combine to deliver face-to-face interaction with manufacturers, hands-on experience with the latest products and in-depth training from the industry experts.
    Exhibit Dates

Tuesday, February 4, 2003: 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
    Wednesday, February 5, 2003: 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
    Thursday, February 6, 2003: 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
    Friday, February 7, 2003: 9:30 am – 1:00 pm
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

The Exhibitors

More than 1,700 manufacturers and exclusive distributors will display equipment, tools and accessories for concrete construction, concrete repair, masonry construction, and ready mix, precast and prestressed production. Search the Exhibitor Directory for complete company and product information.
    Attendees

Nearly 60,000 professionals, including concrete contractors, general contractors, specialty contractors, masonry contractors, architects and engineers, concrete producers and distributors will attend—representing the United States, Canada, Mexico and more than 100 other countries.

5. Aaron Reynolds

Aaron Reynolds Screenwriter

Aaron Reynolds
    The father of a friend of mine has a hat in his collection with WORLD OF CONCRETE 1983 emblazoned on it in huge letters.
    I have been trying on and off for close to a decade now to get him to give it to me, but no dice.
    Nice to know that it's actually a real event!

6. DougR

DougR Second Unit

If there's anyone there from "ITW Ramset/RedHead" give them a Howdy !![​IMG]

7. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

Sounds like a great gathering place for the Pave the Earth activists. [​IMG]