What's new

Words for a difficult day (1 Viewer)

Mary M S

Screenwriter
No Funeral, Gloom, when I am gone,
Corpse-gazings, tears, black raiment, graveyard grimness.
Think of me as withdrawn into the dimness,
Yours still, you mine
Remember all the best of our past moments and forget the rest,
And so to where I wait come gently on.

Ellen Terry

One
Who possessed Beauty
Without Vanity,
Strength without Insolence,
Courage without Ferocity,
And all the Virtues of Man
Without his Vices.

This Praise, which would be unmeaning flattery
If inscribed over Human Ashes,
Is but a just tribute to the Memory of
‘Boatswain,’ a Dog.

Lord Byron’s tribute in the garden of Newstead Abbey

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
No more Titan's power surge, as amps red-eyed glow fades;
No able-mouth'd speakers, their slender voices mute.

Staring screen winks again, and
quietly slips into silky blackness.

Eerie silence falls like rears' ambient rain.

One's ears' inner harmony still rings --
Oh, Tinnitus, thou curst thief of night.

I turned off the system and went to bed.

apologies to Mary, whose poesy was meant, not in jest, but in serious consolation for a member's deceased dog...

Mary M S

Screenwriter
That’s okay Bill! And I liked it…(the part I could see). I’ve never had a ‘spoiler’ yet; does that mean I’m a good girl? Its like forbidden fruit, I always want to peek behind the black box…or maybe not!
I’ve got to remember most of you are men, and not employed as Brit. Lit Professors or some such.
I have a dog that is starting to hardly be able to walk, just for an occasional day or two flare-ups every few months, but I know the prognosis on age and frequency and where we are probably headed eventually. I try to remember it’s the cycle of life, (unlike Duncan, who was cruelly so young). I Home office and my ‘guy’ is at my feet 24 hours a day….very tough stuff.

I flip flop between hard-edged practical type or a sappy sentimentalist dragging out Norton’s Anthologies and such, when I feel strong emotions, (such as reading about Frank’s horrible day yesterday). Must be some of my Irish roots showing! Although I have to say I must not have not caught the ‘bug’ properly yet, (or as bad as I thought I had) as I have never been inspired to look up prose over my A/V setup!

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
ah, Mary, t'was you in the land of Norton who inspired me.
I guess you got my meaning without the spoiler? Run your mouse clicker oer it anyway...:)
Your presense and outreach is appreciated here, whether by M.A.s of Brit. Lit. or Toyota C.M.s (Certified Mechanic). And we'd welcome more of your technical participation, too. IIRC you're runnin' a Sony GW and Outlaw gear?:cool:
bill

Mary M S

Screenwriter
Isn’t it a brave new world now I can go sneaking into Pandora’s boxes. Didn’t know that trick!

Yes, .. Sony and the Outlaw. Still wrapping around the technical part, and when I participate in that area, well…I ‘m sure good for snicker of the day!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks