What's new

UHD Review A Few Words About A few words about…™ Fanny Lye Deliver'd - in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris

Thomas Clay's UK indie, Fanny Lye Deliver'd aka The Delivered, is a 17th century based mashup between a home invasion drama and a film about women's rights.

I ordered a copy from Diabolik, a US-based re-seller specializing in horror, sci-fi and foreign product, along with an interesting selection of ancillary goods.

Ordering was easy, and the product arrived within a few days via USPS, perfectly packaged and protected.

The film is a gorgeous 4k derived from a film-based image, finished digitally.

But the one point of which I was unaware going in, was that the film was shot in Techniscope, the process working flawlessly when combined with digital. Highly resolved, perfect grain - just a gorgeous image.

I viewed the 130-minute extended cut. The 112 minute theatrical is on a companion Blu-ray disc that's Region-free, and contains the majority of the extras which will be viewed in due course.

The film features the work of Maxine Peake as Fanny and Charles Dance, one of my favorite actors as her husband, Captain John.

When viewing a film it's occasionally difficult to totally suspend disbelief, and in the case of Fanny Lye, it arrived in the form of costuming. Freddie Fox and Tanya Reynolds arrive naked, fleeing the authorities, and whilst the Lye family is away, borrow some clothing and take refuge in the barn.

Maxine Peake is reportedly 5' 7", Tanya Reynolds 5' 10".

Freddie Fox (son of Robert, nephew of James) is 5' 9", while Charles Dance is a towering 6' 3".

And somehow the younger pair were able to find perfectly fitting clothing.

A fine film, worthy of your time.

Zero problems with black levels re HDR in projection.

Image – 5 (Dolby Vision / HDR)

Audio – 5 (DTS-HD MA 5.1)

Pass / Fail – Pass

Plays nicely with projectors - Yes

Highly Recommended

RAH

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
And somehow the younger pair were able to find perfectly fitting clothing.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Roger Ebert didn’t have a movie maxim for that. “Whenever a naked movie character needs clothes, they are usually conveniently at hand. Reference the Terminator movies.”

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Same concept as parking spots.
I'm a little curious as to how you found this movie - it's yet to be released in the colonies. It received good reviews over in Blighty and I decided, on your recommendation, to order it from Amazon.uk. Looking forward to this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks