What's new

Will R1 ever get the extended cut of Johnny Mnemonic? (1 Viewer)

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
You'd think with their multi-dip madness and Keanu Reeves' ever-expanding popularity, Sony would release the extended Japanese cut in Region 1.

Lots of other (Sony) movies have been getting that treatment as of late. I'd buy it even though chances are it wouldn't be available in Superbit as has been tradition with the other extended cuts.

With Constantine just around the corner has anyone heard any murmurs that they'll try to cash in with this Keanu flick? Maybe in time for the Constantine DVD at least?

I know it's not the most popular film, but they already re-released it as a Superbit AND a Fullscreen-only release in some stores. What's one more cash-in to them? I'd much rather re-purchase this title than either of the Matrix sequels.

I hear there's more Dolph Lundgren in one of his greatest roles:

"It's Jee-sus time!"

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
It saddens me that I've purchased Highlander 2 in more incarnations than JM.

People can say what they will about JM, but polishing that movie will still yield something more valuable than the turd that is Highlander 2 no matter how many new effects they throw at it. I admit it lacks that H2 train-wreck quality though.:) That must be what's kept me watching H2 over the years.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I'm all up for an extended cut of JM, but I would love to see a commentary track with William Gibson, the film's director, and KR.

Don_Limey

Stunt Coordinator
I would buy that too. Johnny Mnemonic is one of my favorite Keanu Reeves films with of course the original Matrix & Point Break. Its funny because this is the second of his "bomb" movies that everyone (especially critics) dislike that I happen to like, the other being The Replacements. I liked both of those movies more than the Matrix Reloaded which I was very disappointed in. I am for a extend version on JM to replace my original.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks