What's new

Who wants to build 3 or 5 Ego's and share tweeter cost? (1 Viewer)

Loren Jones

Agent
Hi,
I am building 3 of the Ego's www.dillonacoustics.com (see Anthony Gomez post below) and Zalytron only sells the Hiquphon tweeters on matched pairs. Does anyone here want to go in together and share a pair of tweeters? That way neither of us has to pay $80 for an extra tweeter that is just going to sit on the shelf.
Loren Jones

A

Anthony_Gomez

Hey Loren...if this doesn't work..I wonder if you can try and play hardball.

call zalytron and tell them that you are either going to order parts for 3egos from them or the parts for 3AV1's from GR-Research (tell them that you are going to order that very day) ...and that you really want the egos, but only need one 3 tweeters.

..and if they can't split up one pair of OWII's, then you are not going to spend the several hundred dollars at their store and divert the money to danny.

..I know. This isn't a nice way to play..but if you get desperate:b

Loren Jones

Agent
Hey Anthony,

I didn't really try that, and I just ordered 2 pair of the OWII's, so I now have an extra. So, anyone looking for an unused Hiquphon OWII just let me know.

Loren

A

Anthony_Gomez

many things are different...so if you are thinking about a drop in swap..it won't work...but quoting Hiquphon:

OWII:

Soft dome tweeter (3/4") offering unique analytical capability and a high sensitivity.

Well suited for speaker systems using mid/woofer with typical increasing response in the upper end.

Excellent for 3 way systems in general, but also a fine choice with 2 way systems, if mid/woofer is broad-banded and tending to raise in the upper end.

Loren Jones

Agent
Yes, I am in Germany...USAF. Great assignment.

Yeah, a 6.1 system with Ego's would be great, and I do have an Outlaw 1050, but am only building 5 speakers now (the other two are GR Research AV1's), but I guess if no one else wants the OWII I could just save it for the possibility of use in a rear surround later.

Take care,

Loren Jones

A

Anthony_Gomez

Looks like you can get good deals on WBT then!

How is shipping in germany?...does the USAF have a wood shop for you to use?

I am pretty sure someone will need a single OWII. I think that once more people hear the EGO, they will want to build them=)

Loren Jones

Agent
WBT??

Yeah, the AF provides a very nice wood shop we can use for recreation for a small fee each day. I would have to pay a lot of days worth of shop fees to afford the equipment in the shop, so it is a real nice bonus. Well, get off your computer and go enjoy your new system.

Loren

A

Anthony_Gomez

I believe that WBT (http://www.wbtusa.com/) is run or started or something in germany.
Get off of the computer to listen?
My computer/bed/system are all in the same room. It rules=)
Listening to the gladiator soundtrack right now!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks