What's new

Who owns the Moody Blues catalog? (1 Viewer)

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
On my double-disc "This Is The Moody Blues" greatest hits set all I can find is "1974 Threshold Records Limited". Doesn't a company called Deram own their stuff?

This is music I would buy in 5.1 surround OR high resolution stereo. Such cool, introspective music! (I've heard rumors that Warner is thinking of issuing 192kHz stereo-only dvd-audios. And maybe then they could get rid of those damn on-screen menus. :angry:)

Anybody else here like the Pretenders or Coldplay? I've been paying attention more closely to who makes what these days: the Pretenders are Warner people and Coldplay is an EMI group (but why is Capitol's name on the back also?). "Learning to Crawl" is an awesome album and before my TT broke, it sounded great too. "Parachutes" by Coldplay is another new group i like, but worry about their overexposure & hope their musical intentions don't get diluted because of this.

Anyway, Pretenders in surround? Not so sure. This is one of those groups I've mentioned with that "straight foward" sound where surround might detract from the energy of the music. Coldplay's dreamy and kind of lonely attitude I think would be good for the "lite" surround treatment--just gentle rear effects w/ambience or backing vocals.

Any thoughts?

LJ

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I believe Threshold Records belongs to the Moody Blues themselves, although as far as I can remember, their music has always been associated with Polygram Records. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Days of Future Passed and Seventh Sojourn are availalbe as DTS CDs- not high res, but it is surround sound.

NP: King Crimson Collector's Club #7- ProjecKt 4, live in San Francisco

John Geelan

Screenwriter
There are plans in the works to release the Moodies catalog in Hi-Rez 5.1 in the future. Also a good chance it will be SACD.:)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
"On my double-disc "This Is The Moody Blues" greatest hits set all I can find is "1974 Threshold Records Limited". Doesn't a company called Deram own their stuff?"

The Moody Blues were under Decca for, at least the early part of their career. Deram was the progressive label of Decca. Eventually, they founded Threshold in 1969 as their own label but, it was still under Decca. I am not so sure how they came to be under Polygram

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks