What's new

Who is your all-time favorite movie villain? (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The best villains aren't those who twirl their mustaches and cackle, but those who believe in what they're doing. To that end, I'd suggest Dr. Zaius is among the all-time greatest movie villains. As "defender of the faith" (and denier of the truth), he shows us the dangers of ignorance of those in power.

And a villain closer to real life, Ralph Fiennes' Amon Goeth in Schindler's List is as sadistic as they come, and represented some of the most powerful evil the world has ever known.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I can't name one.. too many that are too different. But here are a few I always enjoy:

Frank in "The Searchers" Henry Fonda is such a great bad-ass "bad" guy who appears so good :)

Audrey II - Little Shop of Horrors. Such a great villain who is made into a villain by an unwitting accomplice to her end goals

Stay Puff Marshmallow Man - Ghostbusters How can you NOT love this as a bad guy???

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
As a close second to General Zod, for pure creepy menace, it's hard to beat Robert Mitchum's Preacher in The Night of the Hunter. Also, Buffalo Bill is the real villain in Silence of the Lambs and, for my money, way nastier than Hannibal Lecter.

mike caronia

Second Unit
Not so much villains, but not really honest individuals...Vince Vega & Jules Winnfield from Pulp Fiction.

They made being hitmen look like a decent job.

Another favorite...Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg from The Fifth Element.

I wasn't rooting for him though.

Oldman is money as the bad guy. (The Professional, too)

MattBradley

Second Unit
Real Name
Matt Bradley
For me, The Emperor from Return Of The Jedi will always be top. Just pure, wicked evil.

The Headless Horseman from Sleepy Hollow.

Satan (Viggo!) from The Prophecy

The Terminator

Joshua from War Games

Joaquin Phoenix in Gladiator (I hate his character so much I want to kill him myself.)

dmiller68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Miller
Ok, I agree with most of the ones that have already been said. I will add....

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 13.0px Verdana; color: #344cf5}

Maj. Vic 'Deak' Deakins (John Travolta) in Broken Arrow

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Nurse Ratched - One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest......what a cunt.

Judge Smails - Caddyshack

Billy Bob and Bruce Willis - Bandits

Kurt Russell - Death Proof

Javier Bardam - No Country For Old Men

Nichole Kidman - Malice

The Fratelli's - Goonies

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
Darth Vader? Hannibal Lecter? Oh, pshaw. Angela Lansbury's Mother From Hell in the original "The Manchurian Candidate" could wipe the

floor with those wusses. Evil personified!!

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor
In the same vein, I'd suggest Will Geer in John Frankenheimer's Seconds.

Originally Posted by PODER

Darth Vader? Hannibal Lecter? Oh, pshaw. Angela Lansbury's Mother From Hell in the original "The Manchurian Candidate" could wipe the

floor with those wusses. Evil personified!!

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Kurtwood Smith as Clarence Boddicker in Robocop. "Can You Fly Bobby?" "Ooooo, GUNS GUNS GUUUUNS!!" "You don't think I'm a very nice guy, do you?"

Most these days only remember Smith as Red Forman on That 70's Show.......not I.

He wasn't the first actor to push that Psycotic Charm level to make you love to hate him......I mean I was thinking that my only choice would be Malcolm McDowell as Alexander DeLarge in A Clockwork Orange but, as we all know, he is our hero and humble narrator.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Great pick, Kevin! When That 70s Show first started, I thought that making Clarence Boddicker Eric's dad was one of the most brilliant casting decisions in TV history. :)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
The tree in "Evil Dead" and "Poltergeist". Gave me nightmare, I'm glad it didn't make any more pictures.

Shia Le Beouf in Transformers- Rise Of The Machines.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks