What's new

WHITE SNAKE (Panda and the Magic Serpent-Hakuja Den) (1 Viewer)

johnmcmasters

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John McMasters
This is just a quick heads up that a restored, deluxe, limited edition release of HAKUJA DEN aka PANDA AND THE MAGIC SERPENT or THE WHITE SNAKE ENCHANTRESS, the wonderful 1958 Japanese animated film, has been issued in Japan:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/BSTD-20269?s_ssid=e3ba05dc0453e26a2

This is one of my all-time favorite animated films. The Google translation of the CDJapan description states "Blu-ray Box introduces the new 4K mastering used at the official screening at the Cannes Film Festival 2019", so I have high hopes for this. The old release I have on an import DVD from Japan from many years ago is, at best, just OK.

I ordered as soon as I learned that it existed, but have not yet received it. Just wanted to alert those of you who may be fans of the film and didn't know it had been released in such a fantastic, if very pricey, package. I'll report back once I have had a chance to watch the film, etc.

P.S. I thought this would post in the International Section -- moderators feel free to move it there!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks