What's new

Which DVD Players can display Component AND Composite at the same time? (1 Viewer)

In my home, I need to be able to display the DVD source in my Living Room in Progressive via the Component Output AND display the DVD in another room via Composite Output.

Which DVD Players with DVD-Audio can do this? Which ones cannot? This is the kind of info that is hard to get from reviews without first hand experience. Has anyone been able to do this with their players?

Thanks for the reply...

BrentPollard

Second Unit
Have you tried doing this yet? I may be wrong, but I think you can do this with any player,the thing you cannot do is run the component or composite and S-Video from the same player to the same TV. If I am wrong, I 'm sure someone will correct me.;)

RoyGBiv

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven Kempner
Most players will not output 480p and 480i at the same time. (In fact, I am not aware of any that will.) They usually have a switch on the front or back or somewhere in a menu item to decide which it will output. OTOH, most will output component and composite at the same time at 480i.

SMK

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

Such switches typically affect only the output from the component outputs. The 480i output from the S-video and composite outputs is unaffected.

And then there are a few players like the H1000 that have separate component outputs for 480i and 480p. Both sets are active at all times.

M.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member

Not always.

The Pio 45a (which I think the original poster asked about in a different thread) kills the composite and s-vid when switched to progressive mode.

They will all stay active only in interlaced mode.

BGL

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Panasonics will output progressive via component and interlaced via S or composite simultaneously, JVC won't.
Those are the only two brands of progressive scan player I've any experience with.

Brian,

Have you confirmed this absolutely, positively, with a doubt? The reason I am asking is that this unit is on my A list at this time. It seems to be a pretty good unit for the price. Ulitmately I want to get one of the "best" untis, but with DVD-HD on the horizon, I thought the 45a would be a good unit in the meantime....but I need it to output both Component-Progressive and Composite.

The reason for this is that I hook both up to my Yammy RX-V1 and send Progressive to Zone 1 and Composite to Zone 2....

Brian L

Senior HTF Member

Not with composite, but I can confirm that s-vid shuts off.

That said, when this came up, I did take a look in the manual, and there is a note that says the Video and S-Vid outputs will be disabled when the progressive mode is enabled.

BGL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks