What's new

Which 32-36" TV's offer squeeze mode (1 Viewer)

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I'm looking for a cheaper 32" - 36" TV that has both discrete on and off codes as well as a squeeze mode for DVD's? I know the Sony Wega's fit this bill but they aren't in the price point I'm willing to pay for this TV (need to save up for a PJ)
This thread has some info in it but are there any others out now?
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...t=squeeze+mode

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Andrew - As far as I know these are the only non-HDTV direct view sets that currently offer 16:9 capability without resorting to service menu tweaks:

JVC AV32F703
JVC AV36F703
SONY KV-32FS100
SONY KV-36FS100
SONY KV-32FS200
SONY KV-36FS200

What's your budget? Best Buy currently has the 32" JVC for $750 and the 32" FS100 WEGA for $799 with no interest financing and no payments until 1/2004. You're probably no going to get much cheaper than that for your requirements unless you find an open box item.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
The Samsung TXL3676 seems to do the squeeze as well but doesn't have discrete codes I don't think. Does anyone know how easy it is to get into each of the inputs on the Samsung?

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
For what its worth I came home with a SONY KV-32FS100. They didn't have the JVC in stock but from what I could see of the other JVC sitting there it would have been a difficult choice choosing between the two sets. Actually the JVC has a much better way of getting into 16:9 mode since its a button on the remote where the Sony's are burried in the menus'. I have a macro though that sets though that for me so that's not to bad.

Frank Cheh

Grip
You had better luck than I did, I bought the JVC and now I problem with my VC DVD player see my post.

Frank Cheh

Grip
:frowning:
According to the manual it seems like if your player has a output scan of 31.5Khz it will not work?? How do you find that spec on a dvd player?

Jeff Sch.

Stunt Coordinator
What do you mean by sqeeze mode???? I mean, i have a 27in Maxnavox/Philips that plays widescreen dvds? Im not getting this?

Randy_T

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff,
Any TV can view widescreen DVD's, but unless you have a TV with 16:9 enhancement (Squeeze mode) you loose around 20% -25% of resolution when viewing widescreen material. Go here for more information.
Randy T

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks