Which 32-36" TV's offer squeeze mode

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew Pratt, Dec 5, 2002.

1. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

I'm looking for a cheaper 32" - 36" TV that has both discrete on and off codes as well as a squeeze mode for DVD's? I know the Sony Wega's fit this bill but they aren't in the price point I'm willing to pay for this TV (need to save up for a PJ)
    This thread has some info in it but are there any others out now?
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...t=squeeze+mode

2. dpippel

dpippel HTF Premium Member
    Supporter

Doug
    Andrew - As far as I know these are the only non-HDTV direct view sets that currently offer 16:9 capability without resorting to service menu tweaks:

JVC AV32F703
    JVC AV36F703
    SONY KV-32FS100
    SONY KV-36FS100
    SONY KV-32FS200
    SONY KV-36FS200

What's your budget? Best Buy currently has the 32" JVC for $750 and the 32" FS100 WEGA for $799 with no interest financing and no payments until 1/2004. You're probably no going to get much cheaper than that for your requirements unless you find an open box item.

3. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

The Samsung TXL3676 seems to do the squeeze as well but doesn't have discrete codes I don't think. Does anyone know how easy it is to get into each of the inputs on the Samsung?

4. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

For what its worth I came home with a SONY KV-32FS100. They didn't have the JVC in stock but from what I could see of the other JVC sitting there it would have been a difficult choice choosing between the two sets. Actually the JVC has a much better way of getting into 16:9 mode since its a button on the remote where the Sony's are burried in the menus'. I have a macro though that sets though that for me so that's not to bad.

5. Frank Cheh

Frank Cheh Extra

You had better luck than I did, I bought the JVC and now I problem with my VC DVD player see my post.

6. Frank Cheh

Frank Cheh Extra

[​IMG]
    According to the manual it seems like if your player has a output scan of 31.5Khz it will not work?? How do you find that spec on a dvd player?

7. Jeff Sch.

Jeff Sch. Stunt Coordinator

What do you mean by sqeeze mode???? I mean, i have a 27in Maxnavox/Philips that plays widescreen dvds? Im not getting this?

8. Randy_T

Randy_T Stunt Coordinator

Jeff,
    Any TV can view widescreen DVD's, but unless you have a TV with 16:9 enhancement (Squeeze mode) you loose around 20% -25% of resolution when viewing widescreen material. Go here for more information.
    Randy T