What's new

What's your favorite movie website? (1 Viewer)

Jacob_R

Grip
could anyone tell me a good web site to find dvd/movie reviews, opening dates, information on upcoming movies, and things of this nature? Better yet, everybody write your favorite web sites that are related to this kind of stuff.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
My personal favorite for movie reviews is Link Removed Be forewarned, they are very foul-mouthed and not for the faint of heart. Very amusing site, though...

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I frequent 4 movie sites (in no particular order):
- www.darkhorizons.com
- www.corona.bc.ca (Coming Attractions)
- www.aint-it-cool-news.com
and, actually, our very own HTF.
Garth over at Dark Horizons is the newest of the sites for me and it has quickly raised to the top. He seems to get good information and posts a fair amount almost daily. Coming Attractions has seemed to slow down on getting good info lately but that could just be me. Harry, well, as much as I don't really like the guy I have to admit that there are some interesting tidbits that come his way. Just don't go into the talkbacks there if you are looking for mature and intelligent discussion.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
- www.darkhorizons.com
Oh my god! I went there and it was popup city! It not only pops up ads, it pops up other web sites too. Other than that, it does look like a nice site, with some very good pictures. I've bookmarked it.
For quick information, I just go to:
http://www.upcomingmovies.com
You can search by Title, Director, Actor, Release date and more. When you browse by date, it'll show you what all is being released in a specific month. Very handy! It has more indie release information too. It's a Yahoo thing (I guess they bought it?) so who knows how long it will be free, but for now, it's my favorite place when I just need content, not style.

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
In addition to HTF, I frequent:
1. DVD Verdict mainly for their !!fantastic!! reviews
2. The Digital Bits mainly for reviews, upcoming releases, general movie/movie format information
3. Coming Soon! for anything and everything about current movies and movies still in the nascent stages of happening

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks