What's new

what's the most embarassing title in your DVD collection? (1 Viewer)

Kevin_Hassan

Agent
Real Name
Kevin
I'm sure we all have some real stinkers in our collections. So I was wondering which film you own shames you the most?
I have a few, namely Showgirls, and Croupier .
Showgirls is horrible, but Croupier is actually a good film. Too bad my copy is a FULL SCREEN version! At least I can blame that one on my well meaning, but clueless friend (who gave it to me as a gift).
Btw, damn you BLOCKBUSTER for selling pan & scan DVDs. :angry:

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
I'm not embarrassed - cuz I think it's cool - but others might be: I have a disc containing eight episodes of the old claymation kids series Davey & Goliath .
Anyone remember this show?
Jon

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
I do, Jon. Have you caught the Mountain Dew commercial yet?

My most embarassing would probably be "Animal Instincts". I bought it cause my Sister-in-Law was good friends with the star, in high school. (She says they are "original equipment".)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Britney: The Videos- got it just for the Pepsi trailer which I played to death when I worked at Regal Cinemas, but the sound mix on this isn't the same- the 35mm trailer had just the vocals and nothing else in the center channel; the DVD doesn't even sound like a real 5.1 mix.

BTW I got this just because I got it for about 8 bucks through a discount from a retailer I work for; I feel sorry for anyone who paid the $20 list for this as it's only 30 minutes long and has only 3 actual songs!

John Stone

Supporting Actor
I've got a few really embarrassing DVDS:
TITLE: Fools Rush In
EXCUSE: Ewww. This was free. Sony 6 DVD promotion when I purchased my first DVD Player, the Sony 530D.
TITLE: Dude, Where's My Car?
EXCUSE: I remember when I bought this DVD saying to myself, "It can't be as bad as everyone says! I love stupid humor". Wrong. It's worse than everyone says.
TITLES: Bad New Bears Go To Japan, Rocky IV, Rocky V, Beverly Hills Cop III, Karate Kid II, Karate Kid III, Lethal Weapon 4, Revenge Of The Nerds II
EXCUSE: What can I say, I'm a completionist. :D
TITLES: Cobra, Lock Up, a bunch of Steven Segal flics, Commando, Double Impact, Passenger 57, Turbulence, Tango and Cash
EXCUSE: Some can be explained because I grew up in the 80s. All are guilty pleasures, but still embarrassing to own.
TITLES: Face/Off
EXCUSE: Sorry sports fans, this movie is a horrible cheese-fest. Painful and embarrassing to watch. I still don't know why I bought it (it was cheap?)
TITLES: Gone In 60 Seconds
EXCUSE: Well, 2 Cage films in a row. I'm not trying to pick on him, but this movie stunk. I bought it sight-unseen just because I normally like Cage.
TITLES: The Scout
EXCUSE: I saw the first half on cable a few years ago and thought it was pretty funny, so I picked it up a couple of weeks ago. I wish I'd watched the second half before I bought it, because the movie falls completely apart. A real stinker.
There's more, but this is getting depressing... :)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
POTA 2001

I got it as a gift...it's not terrible, but I just can't really get into that film.

It's kind of funny to see titles like City Lights, It Happened One Night, Citizen Kane, Lawrence of Arabia, and The Abyss next to POTA.

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I have Deep Blue Sea, Maximum Overdrive and Deep Rising. All bad movies, but you'd have to pry them from my cold dead hands. :D
Adam

Ash Williams

Second Unit
Moulin Rouge is by far the worst movie in my collection. I bought it totally unseen because it was the HTF's DVD of 2001, let me tell you, it will be the last time that happens. Don't get me wrong, the disc itself is awesome, great quality, tons of extras. But it is all bullshit if you can't stand the frickin' movie! :angry: No offence intended to the members who liked it.

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
The Legend of Bagger Vance
I hated it, but my 3-year-old boy loves Will Smith.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
The Davey & Goliath Mountain Dew commercial is great :laugh: :laugh:
1.Emmet Otters Jugband Christmas - No I dont have kids
2.Showgirls - It was $8
3.Embrace of the Vampire - Alyssa Milanos boobs, since Im single now, sometimes....er...forget it :D
4.Sirens - Elle Macpherson,Portia DeRossi & Kate Fischer - Need I saw more?
5.Femalien or sequel,I forget - Beginning to see a pattern here? :D
6.The Hot Spot,Career Opportunities - Jennifer Connelly, had to get em.
7.Soldier - Ok I have no excuse for this one.I had seen a few mintues of it on cable one night and wanted to watch the whole thing-hey it was only $12
8.Star Blazers - All the volumes released so far.I grew up watching this show and was more than happy to finally throw away the 20 year old VHS tapes I had it on.
9.Babe & Sequel - Not embarassed to own, but everyone who knows me thinks its funny I love these 2 movies.
10.Shaw Bros Kung Fu flicks - Again not really embarassed.I love these movies(The good ones anyways) and cant wait until the re-remastered ones come out soon.
ahem!plus.....2 Asia Carrera DVDs.
Ok, Im a perv

TomF

Stunt Coordinator
I have *NSYNC: *N The Mix
I categorized it as an "adult" film on my DVD Profiler so that I could block it from my online collection so no one can see that I have it.
So why am I broadcasting it here? I dunno...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks