What's new

Whatever happened to the CD antitrust settlement? (1 Viewer)

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
Did anyone get their check yet? I thought the "final settlement" had been approved by a judge and the money was supposed to be disbursed in early fall.

Is this another case where the only ones who benefit are the lawyers?

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I don't know what is worse - nobody answering you or nobody knowing.

- took care of the first part.

I expected to get the check last June. I could have sworn that I heard they were supposed to go out then, but somebody here must have a connection of some type.

Glenn

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
The last I checked the website (don't have the URL book-marked on my home PC), they said there were appeals going on so no checks have been mailed.

MikeDeVincenzo

Stunt Coordinator
Keep in mind that RIAA checks are copyrighted, and cannot be altered, signed, deposited, or cashed without the express written consent of the RIAA and their undersecretary, Pope John Paul II. Failure to obtain the proper written permissions will have the gravest of consequences. The RIAA has contracted the services of one Tony Soprano of North Caldwell, NJ to carry out enforcement of check copyright infrigement cases.

Consider this a fair warning.

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
If I remember correctly, there was a catch. It was if mor than so many people signed up for a refund, the cash would go to some organization and not to the individuals anyhow.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks