What's new

What Is Your Favorite Film of the Samurai Trilogy? (1 Viewer)

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Samurai 1: Musashi Miyamoto
Samurai 2: Duel At Ichijoji Temple
Samurai 3: Duel At Ganryu Island
While all of them are perfect movies, what is your favorite? I have difficulty choosing between 1 and 3, but 3 wins because of the end with the sunset and final duel. One is spectacular especially at the begining with the samurai on horses battle. Plus the end of one leaves you wanting more. I love 2, but I sometimes get annoyed with Otsu's endless "take me"/"don't take me" theme.
What's your favorite and why?
------------------
"People = Sh*t" - Slipknot
My Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/masternix/DVD.html
My List O' DVDs:
Link Removed

Joel Turpin

Agent
I love part 2, actually. Yeah, Otsu is fairly wishy-washy in this installment, but there's soooo much swordplay!
Everything from the duel at the start to the "Mushashi vs. the rest of Japan" fight at the end, love 'em all.
And I like how they introduce the antagonist (his name escapes me at the moment), slowly brining him along for part 3. Great.
That's followed closely by part 3, whose character development I like better than part 1. The first one is good, but loses me near the end, when it seems to go in fast forward.
Great thread!
Joel

Brion Lydon

Stunt Coordinator
I'll have to go with two. I love the battles in that one. I'd put three next because the conclusion is great. And then of course one.

Joel Turpin

Agent
Well, looks like the second installment is the clear-cut winner, with a whopping 2:1 margin of victory!
rolleyes.gif

I thought this was a good poll...

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
I'd have to go with them in order. Just something about the first installment that I can't get tired of watching.
------------------
...I could go on, but I need to take a shit.
-Jason Whyte on "Corky Romano"

Kirk Tsai

Screenwriter
In all honesty, I can't warm up to love this series; perhaps there is just too much melodrama, heightened by the constant nagging of the women. That being said, all three are enjoyable, but the final duel is truly a standout, and hence my favorite.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks