What's new

What is 3D graphic user interface? (1 Viewer)

PattyFraser

Second Unit
I recently purchased a 52inch XBR5 from Sony. I love the set, but have not been able to resist looking at the newer LCDs coming this year from Sony.

I notice the XBR8 will be 55 inches (well, it's a little bigger, but no substantial buyer's remorse there.) But I see it has something added called 3D graphic interface, and google as I may I can't find anything that gives any actual details as to what this is (only that the set HAS it.) If this has anything to do with an increased ability to see in "3D" on that new set I WILL be remorseful. But does anybody know what it is, exactly?

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
The 3D interface is apparently similar to the XMB interface used in the PS3. Here's some leaked specs on the XBR8. The most interesting feature, in my opinion is the ACE Pro, which promises better contrast ratios in scenes containing both extremely bright and extremely dark elements. I'm not in the market for a new tv, tho.

PattyFraser

Second Unit
Okay, Jeremy. This doesn't sound like a big deal to me.

And as far as the ACE pro goes, the XBR 5 does a great job with the contrast. I'd say its weaknesses are 1) still a tendency to motion problems and 2) the overriding green tinge. Calibration is next on the horizon for this set.

Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks